• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 17, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom H. Is that a scale to the left of the 71? Maybe the 71 is blue cause he is too big to weigh in!?

Well I got my 72 back from the rebuild a couple three weeks ago and back when it was droped off I was informed I would have to set the govenor and throttle linkage.
So being that if was finially warm enough today to go out and work on the 72, I fire up the motor and WOW!! talk about being out of adjustment.
I bet the ole motor was turning 4300 rpms or better so I shut her down and adjusted the govener shaft and arm according to the manual, set the throttle linkage and refire her up.
Lots better now, after a few minutes of running I knoticed the gas tank is viberating in its clamps. tighten them up and alls well.
Its good to have the 72 back and running as it is my loader tractor, even though there aint a whole lot to do with is this time of the year I am happy just to have it back all together and running as it should.

My next project to keep me busy for a couple of days when the parts arrive is to take the big tires from the 100 and swap them over onto the 127.

I’m getting a squeal sound when using 3 gear on my 1962 cub cadet while snow plowing? Is the belt too tight? Does not do it in 1st or 2nd and when mowing the grass going up hill in 3rd will do the same thing? Mike

Michael,

I assume you have a cub cadet orginal and the belt you are refering to is the belt from the motor to the driveshaft.

A squealing sound in 3rd gear would indacate to me that the belt is worn or loose.

Ron.

I had the 12hp rebuilt, the one that was in the 72 when we where at the plowday event over in Montrose Mn.
The 7hp was removed shortly after I got the 72 due to oil leaks and I had the 12 sitting around not being used.

I had a guy who is attending the small engine repair classes at the local vocational school in Eau Claire take the motor in for rebuild.
Did not have to bore the motor, just a lite hone and new rings, seems the oil ring was the wrong one and sticking, which is why it was burning so much oil. A complete new gasket and seal kit too.
Now that I have the govener set it purrs like a kitten, allbeit a loud kitten.
Got to order up me a new muffler for it to see if it will quiet it down some.

Lonnie
Good for you, I really like the 12 in my 72 also, but need to rebuild the 7hp someday. Just not enough time. Need to wait til I get old and retire. Heck I am old, but not retired yet. Can't wait til spring plow days.
ron

Todd "H",
Yup, it's a Fairbanks scale from about 1890-1910 that I want to restore this spring or...........

Tom H. Those scales are peerdy neat in my opinion. My father used to weigh me on one several years ago when we visited the local Souther States. I dont know if the scale was a Fairbanks or not but it was peerdy close to the bathroom scale at home.

I know this is gonna be a stretch, but while I'm off and runnin again today. I'd really like to see Cub pics and info on here, When I get back.
biggrin.gif

As I keep chasing the *&^ electrical gremlins on the 1650 (Gus) I got a chance to meet one of our sponsors yesterday.

Marlin Heinlein (CCW) very nice energetic young man and reasonable. Shared a few stories and some laughs. He has his hands full with moving from one location to another but I can see he is setting up really well. Got to look at his "back lot" and drolled for awhile with many more to come.

Disclaimer!!! I was not paid to type this but the few extra parts that I slipped into my pocket will suffice. LOL

Fun to support a sponsor!!

Pops

Lonny,
Thanks for the info. I thought the belt might be too tight. I will check it out when i get home. Mike

good morning all, Charlie said to post some pictures so i`ll post these of my older Cubs. i have changed the front tires on the 100 to tri ribs and she is stored in my heated garage for the winter. I learn so much just reading what other people post on here, my Original was sliping in 3rd gear the last time i used her to mulch leaves and now i read it could be the belt instead of the clutch. A belt will go on this winter before i go near a clutch repair. have a great day.
ihrotate.gif

74034.jpg

Now i have to ask how to take the slop out of the center spindle of this mower deck and 4 of the bolts that hold on the belt cover have broken off .i want to paint and refurbish this deck for spring
74037.jpg

Last year, there was a guy selling some sort of suitcase weight bracket for Cubs in the classifieds here. Anyone know who or how to contact this guy?

Thought I would share this picture. This is one of my favorite Cub Cadets. It was previously owned by an older couple who bought it new. It has 1063 hours and is totally original. It has the IH items but has the CCC serial number. Must have been made during the change over period. Needless to say, it isn't for sale. On cold days like this with the snow on the ground, I appreciate this website all the more. Thanks for all the good info. William
74040.jpg

I've been trying to return a call to Ricky who left a message on my answering machine requesting info on the Plow Day videos. Ricky your telephone number will not go through for me.
dunno.gif

Charlie, how about these from March 2007?

74042.jpg

74043.jpg

Latest posts

Back