• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 06, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's going on with this weather. The high here today is mid to upper 30s and that ain't suppose to happen here in Carolina.

Here's the contents of the parts box that came with the 147 I got yesterday. I think most of everything is still here. There's even a spring assist.

217486.jpg

I removed the carb and tank. Both are pretty nasty. I have the carb soaking but have to order a float; the one it has swishes with fuel inside.
The tires haven't lost any air since we inflated them to load it yesterday. I'm keeping my wrenches crossed.

Hey wayne,

maybe we will have a good cold winter with a little white stuff this year.

Terry R.
I lived in Mo. from 64 to 1999, so I know what I'm missing, LOL

Ray L.
We had a couple inches around the beginning of Oct.!
biggrin.gif

Good luck with the 147 Wayne. That's nice! I just cleaned up my carb on my 149. Fuel kept pouring out of the carb and I finally figured out I had a pin sized hole in the float and it was filling up with fuel. After two tries, I was able to repair the float.

JB

I know it has probably been covered, but I have yet to find it. How much paint (quarts) will it take to paint (yellow) the main frame and parts of a WF, plus how much reducer and hardener would I need to use, I will be using a HVLP gun with a 1.4 tip in it, Gravity fed. Any useful help will be appreciated, I have my gun and compressor and I figured during the winter months here I could refinish and paint the cub.

Eric T.-

I would say between 1 and 2 quarts, depending on how much paint you apply, what brand, etc.

Amount of hardener and reducer are specified by the paint manufacturer and vary from one brand to another. Reducer amount often varies by color, too.

Eric T.
Most acrylics can use up to 8:1 reducer/enamel ratio, or 8:1:1 reducer/enamel/hardener.
The CC brand paint is a true acrylic enamel, but Case IH Ironguard makes for a nicer finish, IMHO.

I like to use 5 or 6:1 for my first coat, I get better coverage. Then come back with 8:1 final. Shoot primer and topcoats at 30-40 psi, depending on paint thickness.

1.4 for paint...1.8 for primer Set your pressure to 28 lbs with the trigger pulled (35 to 45lbs with a conventional gun) keeping the gun 6 to 8 inches away from the painting surface. Of course its always best to find an old fender or a thumb to practice on.
217493.jpg

Well, got that oil drain plug out fairly easy in the end. Don T - after spraying PB Blaster on it a few times over 2 days, I tried the 10" vise grips 1st - no dice. I only had an 18" pipe wrench but I gave it a shot but couldn't really get a good bite so I gave it a gentle whack upwards on the bolt, went back to the vise grips and it came off real easy from there. Really appreciate the help and suggestions from you Guys.

Ray Leo knows how to have fun! Plowing snow with a CCO. Keeping it simple and easy on gas!

Ed Kane

Glade you got the bolt out of the oil pan . I have an 8 " pipe wrench ,well a set from that to 14" long, they come in handy and will take a good hold on rusted or damaged bolts or nuts
thumbsup_old.gif

Now you can add a new bolt with a magnet to check on engine wear if you want. I had a look at your profile
1a_scratchhead.gif
and ? is that a telescope you are standing by ? 20" f/5 makes me think so.Must be quite the viewer.
old.gif

Latest posts

Back