• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 02, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donald - That's for mowing fence rows looks like. Get under the fence and between the post.

Kentuck Ken - You asked a couple pages back what motor oil makes a Good Snack.... Dad used 30 weight Farm Service (FS) Series III oil in the old JD 4010.... I never tried any of it but the 4010 sure liked it! I normally had a soda pop, normally 7-Up and a handful of Oreo cookies.
bubbly.gif

KentucK - I think that's the floor polisher attachment for school hallways....

Don, Ken,

That 2 disk thingy was similar to the mowers used in orhards, so you could mow under a tree and not harm the trunk. An orchard one usually had a larger second disk and the outer rim had a rubber tire.

Dave Carlson:
Reading the new posts from the top down, so I just learned the source of the great pics. I echo the sentiments regarding the loss of your dad. Thank you for your efforts to preserve and share some great memories.

Dave Carlson, I believe Art Aytay and other's here have said it better then I could however I'll try. My condolences on the passing of your father. Thank you for preserving and sharing those photos.

Bruce, drooling? Yes!
drool.gif
But Charlie beat me to asking about the photos.....

Lip, best way to figure out the length of lift rod you need is the way that Steve Blunier measured for his blade. Park your Cub up on 2x blocks with the snowthrower resting on your garage floor then measure the distance between the lift bracket on the Cub and the lift bracket on the Snowthrower.

70997.jpg

70998.jpg

70999.jpg

Or just make one of these:

71000.jpg

I'm helping Jeff Walters (Jwalters)'s post pictures of his IH CC 782 aquired a few months ago. It is going to be re-powered with an 18 horse Honda V-twin and then re-painted.

71003.jpg

71004.jpg

71005.jpg

71006.jpg

71007.jpg

Jeff, I hope this works!

Dave Carlson,

Thanks for the pictures from your Dad's involvement with Cub Cadets at IH. I'm sure that Charlie and Kraig would love to obtain your dad's papers and pictures for preservation here on the forum but I would also like to mention a fellow by the name of Hank Will and Red Power magazine to you. Hank (along w/other contributors), writes a column for each edition of Red Power called the "Yellow and White Pages" that features Cub Cadets. Hank use to be frequent contributor to the forum until he accepted a job as head editor of a magazine in Topeka, KS and is now extremely busy. He has also authored a book or two on Cub Cadets. I'm sure you have many interesting stories you could share about your dad and his work at IH and your testing of Cub Cadets that would make for an great article.

Alternatively, Cub Cadet Connection is a forum sponsor as shown at the top of the page that may be interested in doing an article as well.

DAVE CARLSON - I saw Your post on the last page. Sorry to hear about Your Father....I lost My Dad in Oct. '06 and I've only missed Him Everyday since.
The Wisconsin State Historical Society got ALL the rest of the IHC Archives, photo's, memo's, etc. and I'm sure they would keep Your Dad's things as well. WSHS is in Madison, WI. One of the frequent authors of many books on IH ag equip., and current President of Chapter #4 (Wisconsin) IH Collectors Association, GUY FAY used to work there until budget cutbacks. If You Google Him or the Historical Society I'm sure You can e-mail them.

Ron, excellent points!
thumbsup.gif
Hank Will or the Sell family at Cadet Connection would be good choices that would use those photos for a good article, or several articles! FWIW, Hank, Charlie, myself, and countless others have all shared info, none of us are in the hobby of Cub Cadets to hoard info. We like to share and I would and I'm sure Charlie would also share those photos with Hank and or The Sells were they to come into our possession!
beerchug.gif

well charlie one more fetish to your list won`t hurt lol. can i guy buy that nice Cub drinking glass. i can hear ice in it now lol
shhh.gif

Charlie -would the fourth glass be for the 526 series tillers?? Is that used oil in 'em??

Don T.
I'm thinkin not.
These run about $40.00 each, same as the one's below.
And ya ain't gettin these either.
biggrin.gif

71011.jpg

Kendell,
Noper, just mowers on these.
Yea, that's it, used oil.
biggrin.gif

Ed Wells asked me to post some pics for him of his 1966 122. The snow blade us a modified craftsman/husqvarna. I have not got a chance to use yet but had fun making.
71014.jpg

71015.jpg

71016.jpg

71017.jpg

71018.jpg

71019.jpg

71020.jpg

Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Glad you enjoyed the pictures - I enjoyed sharing them. Several of you have suggested that the originals go to a public location with long-term archive responsibilities. That seems to make sense to me. But, I feel very willing to share all the digital materials, including in high resolution, if I can figure out how to do that.

Yes, I live in the UK and work around the world. Dad lived and worked in the Midwestern USA. For a summary of Dad's
ihrotate.gif
career, plus some more personal reminiscences, please see my blog:

http://web.mac.com/clsmfmly/Carlson_Family/Daves_Blog/Daves_Blog.html

If you guys can post pictures of broken drive belts and of fresh cans of lubricant, apparently in violation of your pre-1981 rule, then I can post this picture:

71023.jpg

Harold S. Lorier, of the Kohler Engines Publication Department, made a colorful and humorous poster for Dad's retirement; Kohler management signed it. This image sat at the center of the poster. Note the analog cut and paste - real cutting tools and liquid adhesive.

I don't make too much of these plaudits and gifts, presented in the rosy glow of retirement. But I do get a sense that Dad loved his job, especially during the Cub Cadet period, and that many people enjoyed working with him. I enjoy sharing those stories with you.

For Kraig and Robert,
Follow up from last week, here are the photos,
Start with a spindle and hub from a cub 154,
71036.jpg

Cut at white line,
71037.jpg

Take spindle bracket from wide frame with 1" spindles and remove the spindle and replace with spindle fron 154 cub, weld in place,
71038.jpg

71039.jpg

Finished product,
71040.jpg

Now you can mount a 5 bolt cub cadet rim onto the front or use rims with the 1" center hole bearing like this,
71041.jpg

The other way is to take a nf spinlde,
71042.jpg

Cut it off 2.5 inch above the steering linkage, take anpther nf spinlde and cut off at black line seen in photo,
71043.jpg

Add a Cat.1 to Cat.2 bushing and weld together for finished product, adds 3" to spindle length.
71044.jpg

71045.jpg

Charlie,

The fourth black glass is for Lawn Tractors like the Cadet 76. That's my vote, i.e. guess.

Charlie is that a atv winch on that 122? i have used that idea , but you have to watch it close when you lift the plow.it does come up quick.
coffee.gif

Latest posts

Back