Archive through August 27, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having a good Cub day here, its nice and cool so i got the rims sanded for the 129 and will spray some primer on them.but the 149 will have to haul the splitter down to the wood pile and get some more winter wood ready. it will soon be needed. later Don T
168790.jpg

Ryan,

Your research on the dual tube CCs reminds me of when I purchased my first 147 at my Dad's cousin Charlie's estate auction. He was our neighbor when I was a kid and I mowed quite a bit of grass with that 147.

A couple of us were checking it over before it was up for bids when one guy pulled the "upper" dipstick and made the comment "the dipstick's busted off - probably ran it low on oil".

Ended up with him and I as the only bidders. He finally gave up when he realized that I was determined to own it. I spoke with him later and he chuckled when I informed him that I had operated it when I was a kid. I knew first hand that it was never run low on oil.

Bruce

wondering if anybody knows the size of a 72 steering wheel bolt need to re thread mine and don't have the right die for it don't want to waste any more money than i have too thanks

well i got some more pics of my free 125, its not in too bad of shape but i dont think im putting the money into it to save it

168798.jpg

168799.jpg

168800.jpg

this deck is in real good shape, think im gonna use it just needs washed off

168801.jpg

heres the crack in the block looks like it makes a B line toward the bearing plate

168802.jpg

Matt S.
If you were a little closer to Ravens territory instead of the land of the Steel Curtain, I would say I have a 12 horse bare block you can probably have, but in any event nice find on the 125, even if it is just going to be a parts tractor.

Found a nice running 147 today that I cant buy. No room! The guy was only asking $150 for it. It had an original weight box on the back, a 48" deck on it in fair shape. I do have a buddy of mine interested in in it though! So it will end up at my house for some "fixin" the wire harness looks like a birds nest of bad fixes! VR needs replacing and it had an electric lift on it at some point in its life. On another note I am wiring the 104 this coming week and hopefully getting tires on it the next. I had no idea how long this was going to take me and was hoping to have had it done by now, but family needs come first. I will be posting pics of the before and afters for ya'll! I ended up getting a different carb for it instead of messing around with the one that was on it. I did get the 1650 running well and hope to get it down to my house when the 104 gets some boots on it. I want to go with ags all the way around but I'm open to suggestions. Been busy with other projects so I havent been here in some time so "Hello" to all!

Hey guys, how would i adjust the governor control rod on my 124? It idles way too fast, and the carb screws have been set to the proper specs. THANKS.
ihrotate.gif

ok now ive got some questions, what number carb goes on a 125?
second, the 109 i rebuilt and sold to the neighabor has a real jerkey hydro not smooth as i had hoped for, ive never used a hydro cub before so idk if that is normal, also no mater how high the motor is reved, full speed foreward bogs the motor way down and eventually stalls! whats causing this? it puts a lot os strain on the motor. is there an air pocket or something? i had towed this thing without fluid in the rear or pressing the relif valves... did i break it?

By the way, is it easy to get regulators for 124's? My system is not charging, and the starter/generator just got rebuilt. Im thinkin it's the regulator?...
ihrotate.gif
ihrotate.gif

Cub 71,72,104,124,169 and 122.
All great cub models.
International's Dependables!

My cub 124. The deck is gone, and i replaced the seat, with the same type off my friend's 125. Runs like nothin else, damn it's a strong machine!
ihrotate.gif

168836.jpg

i already repaired the trunion, isnt there anything else that could be wrong?

Hey Guys,
We're forgetting to hit that ENTER KEY after you add pics. The folks out there that still have small monitors sure would appreciate not having to scroll to see all your great pics.
thumbsup_old.gif

no i didnt do that, and it needs done, but would that explan the jerking?

ok my dad got me paint for my birthday, and he had the NAPA guy look it up he got me he said the codes were in the system, and he got me 53-34748 00(4) i read in the FAQ and saw the code is different, has anyone used this mix, how did it come out?

Latest posts

Back