• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 24, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing it's one of those rare 11 horse Kohler K29x's and since the PO couldn't find any "116" decals he averaged it out .......
clappy.gif

Dave R. Yes it has the Peerless belt drive setup, I bought the tractor from a fellow who buys old equipment and "rebuilds" it. If I had known that, I might have passed this one up! It kept eating belts and clutchs on the mower deck, to the point that I gave up and got a 44" pull behind mower. I was thinking about putting a direct drive trannie in it, but my wife bought me a Kubota to handle the heavy work around the farm, so the 1100 will probably just be used for mowing.

Although, if the 1100 originally had an 11 hp Briggs, and now it has a 14 hp Kohler, it would stand to reason that I could getthe lettering kit out and change it to a 1400?????

Thanks for the help on the part. I guess that what happens when you play with narrow frames all the time.

Looking for some help. Had to use the 782 deck under my 149 and after shifting the eyebolt to fit the 149 carrage I notices that the 149 deck was not drilled for the narrow hanger. Thats ok ,,, just let me know that it was an early 44 inch deck. Then the belt was about 3 inches too long. By good or bad luck I had a belt. Thought it was a spare for the 149 deck. Then I install the NOS early mtd 44 all the extra rollers. Same shorter belt fits ,,, man it cuts nice! Smaller pulley does eat a hp or two!

Hard to believe the "junk" that was built.
1a_scratchhead.gif
1974 blade spendels going bad after all this time. Greased every other mowing. I think rocks here are hard on bearings!

Latest posts

Back