• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 24, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, neat custom! Is the fuel tank in the old battery box location and the battery behind the "Buzzzzz"? Clever "mini" hood(s) setup.
happy.gif

Kraig
Yes. The battery is for starting and there is no means for the running engine to keep it charged, but it will crank the engine a lot of time before it requires a battery charger, as I found out while trying to correct a sticking carb float problem (fixed). The battery can be charged, or the tractor jump started, without taking the battery cover off. There is an insulated brass stud/bolt on either side of the frame that a charger or jumper cables can be carefully connected to.

Problems with my 129... After a few minutes it starts smoking out of the oil check/fill port. It started doing this earlier in the season, after a while it seemed like it started loosing power, then I would notice the smoke. Thought maybe it was overheating because the muffler was coming apart and hot exhaust was being blown onto the carb and air breather which would be to hot to touch. So I switched to the other mower and put order in for a new muffler. Well just got it on, and first time out everything seemed fine but after just a few minutes (maybe 5) it started smoking out the oil fill again. I did not continue to drive it more but everything else felt fine, no smoke out the exhaust and ran seemingly like a top. Looking for some advice, as my 1000's clutch went out just today and I have no mowers and a month tall grass!

Problems with the 169. I was mowing and about .5 acre i smelled wire burning. I shut it down asap and i never seen so much smoke. I got the water hose and tried to keep it cool but the 375 CCA battery lasted for a while Before it cooled down. Got to tow it to the shop and use the 108 for a while. GR GR GR So i will be looking for a wiring harness.

Paul B.
It's just fine where you put it, BUT!
There's just now way BUZZZZZ will ever live up to or take the place of GRRRRR!
168678.jpg

Don B
shhh.gif
looks like you have a few repairs on your fleet going on there also. I have a problem and don`t have a s/g bracket to use that dosn`t have a striped bolt hole. Frank C in Maine is sending a few cub parts over that he has collected for me lol.

P Bell wow a Teledyne ! i would love to put that in my 149 frame . It would need front hyds for a plow.

I have to ask if someone has put a hyd cylinder on a trailer to make it dump. I do want to try that mod later this fall.

Later Don T

More pictures PLEASE ...
thumbsup_old.gif
beerchug.gif

Charlie,
Grrrr has been known to do a little plowin', and would also dig it's self in if the driver was asleep and a little slow with the clutch.......
168680.jpg

hey guys. i need to pick your brains a little bit. i need the numbers for the 3 belts on my 2 spindle deck for my 63 origonal.

OK, CRS is kickin' in. I took this off a tractor years ago, what's it for again? Can't find my parts book.
168685.jpg

proud new owner of a "twin"; my cub says 106 on the left and 126 on the other side. who is right ?

Latest posts

Back