Archive through August 23, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Andy (the non-posting Blunier) on the barn roof:

243683.jpg

Not sure who did the photo shop on this:

243684.jpg

A couple of Wyatt's panoramic photos:

243685.jpg

243686.jpg

And another one of Andy that was in with Wyatt's photos:

243687.jpg

Does this hardware on a CCO belong to a belt-driven generator?
243691.png

There have been a few pics posted in the Archives of a side-mount Riverton generator,
243692.jpg

But the mounting plate looks different. I haven't seen any literature on the Pincor side-mount generators for the early Cub Cadets.

Anyone know what it is?

Golly, that sure is a small pic....
a_blink2.gif

Hopefully this one is a little bigger?
243695.jpg

WYATT - That picture you mentioned, they guys standing around the back of your truck... I remember that pic!

Yep, what a SILLY Crazy idea! ;-)

Wyatt, Denny, is this the picture?

243697.jpg

Left to right: Wyatt C., Steve B., Travis S.

KRAIG - Yep, leaning up against or sitting in the back of Wyatt's F250.

I think a few years after that picture there was some guys with Cubs and green tractors plowing on that spot of ground behind the school too?

Tire question-
Has anyone been using the 23x10.50-12 Firestone Floatation 23's from Miller tire? I would think I'd see/read more about them by now.

WYATT - Paul R. has a set, and I think Art A has a pair too.

Wyatt C.
The 10.50's are fine and always have been.
The issue they had last year was with the 26-12's that had weak sidewalls and leaked.
The new batch they just got in are fine from all indications so far.

I just got my shipment of 10.50's & 12's in yesterday and they both have much thicker sidewalls, than last years tires.

In response to Harry's post in the for sale section,I find it easier to switch over the lift lever to the left side of the dash on quietline tractors. Being left handed it makes it a whole lot easier for me to run the hydro and the lift at the same time.

Harry-Another reason for me saying "I learned the hard way" is because I purposely run my blower in locked position. I really don't care if this is right or wrong due to my very uneven driveway. I used to run my blower in float, with my skidplates all the way up, and I just pick up too many rocks through the blower. Being on the left side I could definitely see the benefits of quick raising and lowering. Just my thoughts.

Sometimes I lock my QA42 snowthrower in position as well, helps keep it up out of the gravel. I don't have a hydraulic lift but I will often hold it up by hand and 'feel' where it should be at. I especially do this for the first snow fall when there's no hard packed snow to help hold the gravel in place. I also do this when I clear snow from the lawn areas around my firewood piles. No spring assist either so this can make for a sore arm, though I don't find it all that hard to do as the snowthrower is just being held up a little so my arm is mostly straight out. I have used an <font color="119911">other brand</font> garden tractor with a snowblower and hydraulic lift. I get much better control with the manual lift going by feel.
buttrock.gif

Ryan and Craig - thanks for posting on the snow thrower use. Ryan, I can see how switching the hydro lift to the left on a Quiet Line allows you to control the thrower lift with your left hand and speed control with your right, (and I assume steering wheel with your knees) when you use the thrower in a float position. I don't quite understand using it in a lock position. Do you have the down pressure pin installed so the thrower is "locked" at what ever level you leave it set??? If not, then the thrower should/would float up but not go below a fixed level where you have your cam stop set. I just don't quite understand how a locked position helps.
Same basic question applies to Kraig - on a manual lift if you "lock" your lift arm in place then the thrower is "frozen" at that level. You can set your lift "stop" to keep the thrower from going to low and with your lift button locked you can allow the thrower to float up. You must be doing this somewhat when you say you're lifting it by hand. If your thrower is locked you can't raise it manually without depressing your lift button so the lift arm is unlocked. I guess I don't understand why you don't set the sidders a little higher to hold the housing above the stones about an inch and then leave the lift arm in the float position and just raise it by hand if you feel it necessary. Help me out here - both of you are using the thrower on stones. I've only ever used one on asphalt. I'm just trying to understand your techniques.

This is not at all what you guys are talking about, but I needed a quick answer.(Not trying to sound selfish) As some of you know, I have a 682. The other day, I got the carb rebuild and it runs like a champ. Or so I thought. I went to mow with it the next day and when I started up the PTO, it was smooth. Then when it got up to full it starting vibrating like no other. The engine starting running really loud and just had a huge noise. Is this normal?

Harry- I can see where you are getting confused. What I forgot to mention is I like to leave mine in locked position. In my particular driveway there is no benefit to leaving it in float, even with the skids all the way up. Plus, being on the farm I am going places with a blower that one shouldn't attempt to. And on my 1650, when I had it in float, it never lifted very high-leaving the thrower very low to the ground and dragging snow with it as you back up. It just makes a mess. I need the height lock out provides and I need the control (personally I just like it better that way). I know there are ways to lock it in certain spots and to set the linkage to do certain things, but I find it much easier for me to simply make it rigid. Although I am opposite with my blade. I leave it in float most of the time to ride over the unevenness of the driveway. Most of the time in deep snows I will shave most of the snow off the driveway and farmyard with the blower, and come back and push all the uneven spots with the blade. Makes for twice the work, but what else do I have to do on a snowy winter day?
happy.gif

Sounds like you may be running a bit lean on the carb setting, if it runs fine under no load. Try screwing your fuel jet out a quarter or half turn.

Had some trouble with my 126 today.
Hoping greater minds may help figure which way to look.
While mowing I noticed a loss of power and some change in the engine sounds,
but I do wear hearing protection so it wasn't a great change.
As I backed off the throttle I saw flames coming from the "but" of the muffler.
I shut it off and saw the entire end of the muffle was gone.
Is this the possible cause or another effect of say a sticking valve etc.
thanks for direction into the repair.
charles

Latest posts

Back