• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ryan a did remember here is my 12's complete #'s K301A-C018559-4763B. Like you I would like to know the break point for balanced/unbalanced Kholer's. Other than less vibration from the engine is there an advantage either way? I realize this may be a loaded question depending on use of your cub. Curious

Glen C.
The real easy way is soapy water. Just take 3 or 4 drops of dish soap in a 8 oz. spray bottle. You spray the mix on the tractor and slide the decal around and wipe it off. Use small rubber squeegee to wipe bubbles out.

As far as corrosion from calsium cholride, my 128 was inherited with the original filled rear tires. Thats not to say that they could be leaking as we speak, but 35 years and holding not too shabby by my view. Dad said if they ever blow your goin to have a mess on your hands or garage

Steve B.
Thanks for the advice. Went to my dad's tonight and fixed the problem. It was only a 15 minute job and 10 of that was wrestling with the fenders!

Ryan, do a search for balance gears on this site. In Kendall Ide's (Kide) post from May 27, 2007 he states he has the manual that states the break for balanced/unbalanced Kholer.

Terry - Tubes don't make any difference over the long run. Here's a pic of one of my orginal wheels on my home made tractor.
64229.jpg

Digger - SEND WATER ! Triple digit heat and no rain for 3 weeks !!

Maybe all this moisture is why I can't start my cub from the key switch any more....
coffee.gif
Too much more rain and I'll have to put the mower deck back on.
lol.gif

Ken,
Yup, all it takes is a itty bitty hole.

Brain,
If your cub doesn't start from the key switch its most likely caused by a corroded connector. Pull the connector off the back of the key switch and clean it good. Also clean the spades on the key switch and you should be good to go.
thumbsup.gif

Back