• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 21, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Rich Patton (Rpatton) on Monday, January 17, 2005 - 06:16 am:

Herb ,heres a pic of the bolt in a 1200 quietline and also a pic of the for and aft bolts Steve was refering to. This is a very good and recomended fix that I have done many times. most of the tractors I have fixed have been spread from fore and aft shock. JD also used the for and aft adj. bolts on there 318s . Rich<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

64208.jpg

64209.jpg

64210.jpg

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Richard Christensen, Arizona is Hot but its a Dry Heat (Rchristensen) on Sunday, February 01, 2004 - 11:02 am:

When ever I have an engine out I use a bolt like this to squeeze the frame until I can just force the front axle back in. If the pin is wore I will replace it at that time and it seems to stay tight for normal use. If you do a lot of plowing in a rough field where you bang the front axle a lot you may want a bolt to keep tightening it, but for mowing it should last another 30 years. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

64212.jpg

Note that the bolt would be placed into the axle pivot hole not just on top like Richard has it placed for the photo.
happy.gif

Hello I have a hdyro question about my 1250, the engine runs well but the tractor seems to run pretty slow,checked fluid level, adjusted linkage, and took off back plate to see if fluid had any moisture, when I did the fluid looked new and clear with no water bubbles. Does anyone know where I should look next? Thanks James
ihrotate.gif

Thanks to everyone on the axle pivot pin replacement. I see a lot of good ideas to work with. I will use the bolt to tighten the channel like the picture of the quiet line shows. Have to give some thought on the bolt for pin replacement. Need to see what part of the mule drive is in the way. Still like the idea of the bolt to keep the channel tight. I mow a lot and in the winter in have more than enough snow to play with. I keep a blade and thrower mounted from Oct to late April.

Thanks again. John

Dudley,
When I am hauling dirt, wood, the boat hitch, etc. I need all the weight otherwise I spin the tires. I have 5 40 lb suitcase weights. The hitch has 4 25 lb walmart weights. Each tire has 5 10 lb wartmart weights. Both tires are filled with salt water, 7 gallons at 12 lbs per gallon or around 80 lbs.

200+100+50+50+80+80=560 lbs.

Add a 195 lb driver and you have 755.
thumbsup.gif

64217.jpg

Hey, what's the easiest way to remove those spirol pins out of a wideframe driveshaft? (Besides buying a pin tool remover...)

Terry,

Im thinking of building a loader for one of my tractors and will be needing to add some weight.

-How do you attach the wal-mart weights to the wheels?

-Have you noticed and stress damage to the rear end of the tractor from the added weight?

Thanks Charlie, the neutral adjustment was fine it was slow in forward, I think I found the problem: the trunion arm has 2 grooves worn in it where the 2 disk on either side of the trunion spring and it wasn't aligning correctly.Is it possiblr to weld up those grooves or will I have to replace it?
ihrotate.gif

Hello All, Are there any problems that I may run into installing 26x12x12 rear lug tires with 10-1/2" rims(standard backspacing) on my stock fendered cub 100? Thanks in advance for any advise.

Terry B ---

You's got SALT WATER in your rims?

maybe not as corrosive as the calcium chloride, but yikes!!! sounds like trouble down the road to meeeeee!

an excelent alternative is rv antifreeze .... its antifreeze, and it's biodegradeable, so its eco friendly....

happy.gif

Larry H.
The wheels you have heading your way, if my memory serves me right have a shallow offset and should fit quite well on that 100.
thumbsup.gif

Colin,
It is calcium chloride, aka salt. You get 50% more weight with salt water. 56 lbs per tire v.s. 84 lbs per tire. That's 56 valuable lbs I would lose going saltless. The fliud is in an inner tube so it should be just fine.

Now if I could get my hands on 15 gallons of beet juice I would be set!

Dave H,
You did an excellent job demonstrating how to do that repair.
note:
This broken rubber mount problem is usually associated with the newer replacement regulators. The old Delco regs. never seem to break...

Hi Craig thanks for the info ,I looked at the FAQ before I answered any question about this . I replaced all of the linkage for the hydro all the way back to the trunion arm that I tried to wrap wire in to the gaps I described where the old trunion disk and spring were. It didn't creep and the brakes weren't binding either it just would not go more than about 4 miles per hour. I had a little time where the wrapped around copper wire in the grooves worked but after seeing hom misalighned the linkage got around the trunion spring I felt this had to be it because the hytran, the filter and inside was clean,clear and had no water bubbles.
ihrotate.gif

I created this post at work and forgot to post it. When I got home and opened the lid on my laptop there it was. So, here it is.
screwloose.gif

Jim,
The bracket is nothing special. So far the axles are holding up well. No issues.
64223.jpg

64224.jpg

64225.jpg

64226.jpg

Dudley,

I run 8-9 psi in the 10.50 rears and 30 psi in the 6.50 fronts...gotta keep the fronts hard for better steering and the load.

I have 350# of cast iron plus fluid in the tires and my 230# int he seat on my loader.

Back