• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 20, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the replies. All I want to do is raise the front end enough to change the blades, so I should be OK with the 350 lb version.

308103.jpg

David
Mine's a 300 lb capacity and does just fine on a 1250.

Attachments

• 308103.jpg
    308103.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 130
  • 308103.jpg
    308103.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 136
I tried two of Harbor Freights 350# "lawnmower lifts" and neither would lift the front of a cub. I ended up going to Tractor Supply and got their 500# lift. It does just fine as long as I have the relief valve release intact (on a hydro). The rears have to roll.

Good to see you posting again Mr. Gallagher.

Jeremiah C -

Nice post w/ pics and some really Good info on the mule drive / sub assembly deck height issue. Very Nice!
thumbsup.gif

And the detailed explanation in layman's terms how 12v gets from bat to plug is "in my case anyway" a true Revelation!!! I'm sure most of you old school cub/kohler guys know this info like 101 small engine basic's. For someone like me though w/ no small engine experience, your post explained it in a way that made perfect sense! Unlike what I've ever read in any of the manuals!!!
Another Excellent Post!!! Thank YOU!!!
worthy.gif

Marty -

Hydro mentioned that the dry rotted, crack filled, 43yr old turfs that are on the 149 now might last another 10-15yrs. So my response was "I sure hope so, cuz they gettin chains soon as the ag's go on"
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

I figure "WHENEVER" the 2nd ag arrives I'll mount the ag's on the 1250 rims that are now 9" wide. I'll use the ag's all summer, and use the chained turfs for winter duty.....
happy.gif

Also Your 128 Headlights:

308106.jpg

Correct or Not Correct
<font size="+2">WOW!!! "PERFECTION"</font>
thumbsup.gif

All of your 09 128 pics show your true dedication and admiration for these old tractors!!! Also I believe your upholstery guy probably had a few more years of experience under his belt than mine,,,, LoL
worthy.gif

There are quite a few "unoriginal" parts on my 149, some of my choosing and some by chance, none of which really concern me. But I did kinda want to stick w/ the original 149 seat pan!
biggrin.gif

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 128
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 130
  • worthy.gif
    worthy.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 129
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 134
  • 308106.jpg
    308106.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 136
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 133
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 132
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 136
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 133
  • worthy.gif
    worthy.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 124
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 120
  • 308106.jpg
    308106.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 141
Marty-

Is that rust I see around those lower hinge mounting bolts?

What's up with that???

I just got 3 hinges for various tractors and the first thing I did was clean, prime, and paint the heck out of them. I let all 3 cure well for several days then I soaked the hinge pin with oil. When it comes to the correct police here vs rust they can kiss my you know what.

The 1200 I have been working on had a few spots like the upper edges of the belly pan where IH assembled before painting. There was rust since it has been approx. 37 years so I touched both edges up. It may not be "correct" but I can't stand rust so it had to go. Plus the owner likes my doing so.

I noticed Hydro's hinge is between the headlight mounting panel and hood extension:

308121.jpg

And Marty's headlight panel is between the hinge and hood extension:

308122.jpg

Both setups look very nice and clean!
thumbsup.gif

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 136
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 126
  • 308121.jpg
    308121.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 308122.jpg
    308122.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 308121.jpg
    308121.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 308122.jpg
    308122.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 124
I hope nobody took me serious about the lift deal. I'm sure there would be more weight lifted than what I said.
As far as lifts go, I use car ramps to efficiently change/sharpen the blades on my SCAG commercial mower. It weighs 1200 lbs.

Jason,

It sure looks like a real nice seat to me!

Concerning my lights, except for the wire coming up from the right side, all of the wiring is original. Or at least that is the way they were wired up when I got them.
The wires were just as old looking and dirty as the light assembly was, and the wires have factory ends on them.

Wayne,

You were not supposed to spot that!
err.gif

When I restored it back in 09', I wanted to have it as close as possible to the original condition.
It is just surface rust, and a piece of scotchbrite would easily take care if it.
The rust probably occurred when I was washing the dirt off of the tractor.

It is a worker and not a show tractor, so I was not too concerned. However, it does stay in the house with me! (in the basement)
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 129
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 120
Hey Kraig,
No offense intended:
happy.gif
happy.gif