• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 17, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed,
I am in the process of making this same repair on my 1450. The bad news is the engine will have to come out to get to the rails and ISO mounts. You will also have to remove all the items that are "in the way" of getting the engine out. Dad and I removed the lower grill, hood, side panels, fuel tank / firewall and the various electrical, and control connections.

Also, what we found on mine was the PO (I just bought it in July) had let the ISO mounts go way to long. Check the engine mounting bolt holes in the pan and make sure they are good. Two of the holes in mine are wobbled out which allowed the pan to rub and wore part of the pan off where it is on the rails. The left hand rail also rubbed on the top of the axle cross member. If yours is this bad, inspect the frame rails at the bottom, behind the axle, mine is cracked and is going to be welded. I believe there is a post in the archives about this crack and a recommended "beef up" for it.

I don't want to scare you though, I think mine is worse case, hopefully the ISO rubber is just shot and it will be a simple fix. I do recommend the FAQ to add a cross member to the rails. I am going to do this to mine.

Scott

Matt, I've always enjoyed your enlightened and well stated posts to this fourm. Happy travels at Embry-Riddle. Only bright minds are accepted there.
Maybe we will see a Gonitzke on the space station in the near future.

Richard

Enjoy your time at college Matt, do well, all of this will be here when you get home. A good education comes first, then the good job falls into place much easier, This all makes playing with diesels and supers much easier later in life as well as other things. Look to hear from you around Thanksgiving. Stay safe out there. Mike and Michele T

Matts profile says he is going to be a "Aerospace Engineering student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University". Maybe during spring break he could install the first jet engine in a cub! Now that would be COOL!!
buttrock.gif

Charlie,
How's the weather done there? Do you need a canoe to get to your cub shed yet? It didn't rain here for 6 weeks an now we got 4 inches in 2 days. Tomorrow I might have to put the deck back on 147 #2, so I can mow the weeds.

Over the last few weeks the loader has seen quite a bit of use....

A septic system repair.....

64091.jpg

Led to some back filling.....

64092.jpg

64093.jpg

...and a swing set relocation.....

64094.jpg

Lots of mulch......

64095.jpg

More sand....

64096.jpg

...and I can finally rest.....

64097.jpg

Spent all day Sat. ducking rain showers trying to finish the mulch....

Rain, rain, go away. I got about 3" total for the months of June and July combined and now have received over 9.5" in the past 2 weeks, and they are talking rain everyday this week. The rain and the 90* temps has really made the grass grow. I have mowed my grass 3 times in the last week and it still looks like a hay field. Any one have a mini baler? I can rent one of those lawn rakes cheap.

Charlie

You should have come to the Camp Creek Threshers Show in July at Waverly NE,we had about 50 Cub Cadets(IH was the featured line),between the display tractors and the garden tractor pull. I took my 126 that I restored last winter,my dad bought it new,along with the tiller. This was the first time the tiller had been on it in about thirty years. The 126 got a complete ohaul and a paint job,but the tiller only needed a wash job,the paint still shines!

Terry B.
It's freakin wet! 9 1/2" in the last 2 days, Grrrrrrrrr

Steve B.
I'm jealous, Sunshine, Dry ground and working that Cub all day!

Wayne M.
I wish I had.
We had a crappy weekend all around up this way.
We're headin out tomorrow afternoon to help a little with cleanup to a couple towns that got hit pretty hard.
We had some great people help us when we lost our house to the floods in 2000 & 2001.

Had time to play today so I raped my 129 for a few more parts. Those axles & tubes fit real well on the O diff., Frank's got real brakes finally. Next to mill & drill the front axle.
64106.jpg

Can't wait till I get all the assembly done just to tear it down to paint it.

Another fine pic, spoiled by the dreaded archive bug.....
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back