• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 16, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgwin

displayname
Marty A. Gwin
Dang archive bug!
Is this IH?
Here's the pics:

195465.jpg

195466.jpg

Myron B. You have that correct.
195474.gif

Last Wednesday our part of Iowa received LOTS of rain in a very short time. I took these with my cell phone when I got home from work. We were sent home early due to the water literally cut the plant off from the fire department and the hospital. These are pictures taken of the area north of the house and the concrete barriers are part of the truck puller track area.

This is the north side of the truck pull area. where the pullers would park.
195475.jpg

This is looking back east. Those house did have water in their basements and yards.
195476.jpg

Looking south.
195477.jpg

The trees and the little shed is our yard. The water made it within 30 feet of the Cub shed.
195478.jpg

195479.jpg

Man, did it stink there when I mowed Saturday afternoon.

Gary Michelsen:
195491.gif

If it won't disengage that means it stays engaged, right? That means that turnbuckle (#2) needs to be turned so that it shortens rods #1 and #3 which will pull #12 back a little further and disengage the clutch.

Picked up a 126 with a spring assist,rear lift, lights and tailights on thursday. its suppose to have a creeper but someone took it out. it also has a broken rod that is in about 5 or 6 pieces; and i dont even have all of them. Amazingly the only damage to the block is a chip out of the cylinder wall that extends down past the top part of the block.so im gonna take it to my dealer, get the cylinder honed out tomorow and see what i need.

all of this stormy weather weve been having in my area has gotten me thinking back to a few weeks ago. i had taken a couple pics of the model 70 out working for its first time since i stripped it down from being a pulling tractor. the lawn needed a mowing and i couldnt use the 128 due to empty gas tank and none in the cans. but luckly i had gotten a FREE 2003 snapper mower that i wanted to try. i had enough gas in one can to make 3/4 of a tank for it, so i figured why not. bagged the whole lawn and hauled it off with the 70 and #1 trailer. 6-7 bag fulls to the trailer full so its slow going hahaha. i think the 70 looks better with the narrow tires and trailer, it deffinatly rides better without that extra 400 pounds on it.
195499.jpg

195500.jpg

BONUS PIC: the ''extremely rare floating front axle'' on the model 70
rofl.gif

195501.jpg

Marty - now you went and done it!!!! Ya not only got another 100 but you got the fenders as well AND I see the headlights on it. The real down fall is that it has the wrong front wheels. I don't think those were an option for 100's. Please send me your address and I'll be there to pick it up as quick as posssible. You can tell your wife I'll be making a donation to your church - so there is really some good to come out of your Yellar'n White Fever.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and some keep the light on for ya)

Marlin, what kind of cell phone do you have. Those are pretty good pictures.

Dave R. It is a not quite three year old Samsung. Very basic model. I'll try and find out what model number although I've never seen any on it.

Harry,
The wide "High-floation tires" were listed as an option on the 1965 100 (not available on the 70) in a 1965 pricelist (PL-34, Rev 1, 1-15-65). They were $23 extra for the 6.50x8 2 ply front and 23x10.50x12 2 ply rear, or $11 for the rears only.

HARRY - Pretty sure the 16-6.50x8 frt tires were an option on a 100, as were the 23-8.50x12's for the back. I used to have the spec sheets memorized that Kraig posts on the 70/100 when I was much younger. Most 70's came on the 4.00/4.80x8 & 6-12's. 100's came in all sorts of variations, narrow frt & rears, narrow frts & wide rears, wides all the way around.

JUSTIN - I'm planning on doing a little "Baling" this afternoon too. Combination of too much rain, heat, and a little fertilizer last fall and some places I have a real BLANKET of clippings in the yard. My cart I pull behind the vacuum is a little bigger than your #1 IH cart. My cart makes a "bale" about 45" long, 32" wide, and almost 36" tall, really packs stuff tight too.

I like your pulling fenders. They look similar to the set I built for my #72 back in about '88 or '89. Guess I have another set to build for SON's CC70 now. He wants the 70 & 72 to be "twins".

Nic, neat oil can!

Harry, one of my cousins had a brand new 100 in the mid 1960's and it had the optional wide "flotation tires". It also had fenders and a rear PTO and might have had lights. Unfortunately it was stolen a year or so after he bought it. I have some old home movies of him driving it around right after he got it.

Lucas, yes.

Denny, I was using one of THESE on Sunday to rake up some of the heavier areas of grass clippings in my mother's yard. I was pulling it with an <font color="119911">off topic</font> tractor though. Made nice windrows of clippings that were easy to pick up and load into the dump box on the ATV. My daughter and I loaded the clippings and she hauled them out into the field and dumped them.

KRAIG - I've seen those rakes...however normally at a higher price. I've seen discussions on other forums but don't remember it here for some time, Did that rake do a good job of gathering the clippings?

I pulled a 30" or 32" Parker push-type lawn sweeper for many years picking up clippings & leaves. I had to add a weight bracket over the drive wheels to keep the brushes spinning & sweeping. The rest of the framework finally broke apart from the added weight alfter many years so that's when I built the vacuum. I always thought the sweeper cleaned better than my vacuum, but the small basket on the sweeper was a real PITA to empty all the time. As all my trees keep getting bigger, leaf removal is a bigger challenge all the time. I've even considered making a top & sides for my big hyd. dump cart since it's so much bigger than my junky old cart, plus the dump feature would really speed unloading, THEN I'd probably have to put more HP in the CC72 again to pull it!

Denny, the grass could have used a mowing but I wanted to get the clippings out before I mowed it. It did a good job of pulling the grass clippings and thatch out of the overly tall grass. Kind of fun to use too. There were some really big clumps of clippings. We've had so much rain recently that the grass is like a succulent. The clippings are heavy green mush.

I've used mine quite a bit over the years. They are great for de-thatching!
195527.jpg

Aaron S. has mine now as his grass got out of hand a while back and he had a 16 ft. trailer load posted in the sandbox I think it was.

Latest posts

Back