• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 16, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt,
Ooh, nice!
groupwave.gif

Charlie Proctor,
Thanks for straightening out my registry information.
Couple of questions for the mechanics.
124 Model
1) Blue Ribbon manual states I need to pull the motor to change the throwout bearing. Do I need to pull it or can I knock the pins out, slide the engine forward and remove the driveshaft?
2) Can I use a crank and rod from K301 to repair a K321 with a broken rod?
3) If I machine a relief for the exhaust valve on an older K301 head, can I use the head on the K321 engine.
Thanks in advance for the expert way in which you always answer my questions.

David,
Easier with the motor out but if you want to keep it in, remove the heat shield and muffler so it can slide forward enough. The crank on a 12 is lighter, may vibrate too much but will work. The head can be clearanced for the larger valve but don't overdo it and lose too much compression. Kenny

This is my first post. I have a newly acquired 149 that has a hydrastatic that is very jumpy. Whenever you apply the brakes you bette hang on because you will end up on your nose.It is almost like shifting into reverse. Is there any procedure out there to properly set up and make adjustments to the best tractor ever made.

David, Kenny is right on the crank rod weight issue. should work as he said. if you got the complete K301 and know the spec. number, i can look and compare your spec number on the K321 to see if the head is the same(some K301's used the K321 head) may not need to do any relief to it.

Thanks for the upgrades and new logo, the forum looks great. Now a question, how do you find the part number for the starter pulley that drives the PTO clutch. I have parts books TC157 and Tc113 and cannot find that part listed. Is it the same for a 7hp as a 12hp? Thanks Kendal

Kendal H: Try looking at the page with the Starter/Generator breakdown...a couple of pages past the engine...One I looked up in T-157 was #10...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Nice new look to the forum!!! No, I did not die, just that things got busy after a move to the midwest. Lots of cubs to chase here in Missouri. Have posted Charlie's place for rent, looking for a bunch of hippies to move in!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back