• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 12, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kendell

Sweet looking ride.

Went and picked mine up yesterday from the shop, got a whole 28 miles on it so far.
Hopefully this weekend I'll get time to take it out and get some more of the break in miles on it.

Don't quite understand the reasoning behind the limited speed for the first 500 miles, but the manual says no more than 48mph in 6th gear for the first 500.
So it looks like I will be seeing a lot of the back roads in the area during break in.

Brian, bike rideing is <u>serious</u> work.
whistling.gif

Brian:
Serious things?? You mean like the war with the Red Squirrel from Hell, the basement door repaint that took two days, the weed whacker rebuild, or my daughter's HP PC with the non-existent XP Home license?? That's the stuff soaking up my cub time...
bash.gif

I'm gonna go ride the bike and cool off..

Lonnie: Need a picture..

Right on Ken! I feel your pain
biggrin.gif
. It just started to rain after I got the tarps off the house. Looks like it's going to be a wet day to roof.
bash.gif

Brian B. Nice looking roof. I also have sky lites like yours. And I have learned that after each snow I have to use the roof rake to prevent damning. My roof is well insulated and vented, but snow melting on the glass, runs down the roof and freezes, and damned up and water worked its way up under the flashing up by the glass. Good luck and happy raking. Brad
ihrotate.gif

Brian:
Nice job! Ugghhh lottsa valleys....

I can feel the sunburn here!!

Brian, nice job! That must sure feel good having that done. BTDT Oh, BTW, don't forget to haul that spare bundle of shingles down.
clown.gif

Thanks guys!

Brad: Good advice, I'll just need to find one 35' long to reach it. Do they make them that long?
dunno.gif

Ken: I'm a red head so burning is not an option. I come in two colors; white and burnt!
err.gif
The valleys are easy. Run both sides into the valleys and over lap each as they go through. Flash the valley and 90lb. paper under it and it will never leak. If anyone ever needs to see it let me know and I'll take some detailed pics. Its a little more work with a 3 tab shingle but not real complicated.

Kraig: Ya, ran out of 2" nails before all the cap was on. Finished the cap last night. No more junk on the roof.
thumbsup_old.gif

Brian:
When I did my house and workshop in '2000, I finished the cap on the workshop at 1:00 AM. Used two 500 watt QH lights - entertained the township cop (just stopped by to see what was up), the big bugs that liked the lights, but not the wife (neighbors didn't care, closest is about 150 yards). I got 'er done before the storm came in
thumbsup.gif

Kendell

Just ariveing home from the my third and longest ride so far. 142 mile road trip all under 50mph.
Total of 260 miles so far.
board-post.pl

board-post.pl

Have little over half of the 500 break in miles on it in 2 days and 3 trips so far.
Hopefully by the start of next week I will have the other 240 miles in and I can change out the break in oil befor the weather get cold.

Back