• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 04, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John N.
Two things you can do to fix it other than buying a new one.
1. Take it out and get a big center punch and re-dimple it on both sides.(Don't get to carried away)
2. Take it out and wrap some really thin piano wire around both sides of the friction disc/washer.
To bad they don't make them with the phillips head anymore.
298416.jpg

Attachments

• 298416.jpg
    298416.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 116
Well I'm no engineer but the full 3-1/2" spindle is inside the 1" od stub shaft. There is nothing in my future that would shear these off.

Charlie, if John has to pull the lever out, seems like he could drill out the rivet and replace with machine screw and lock nut. That way it could be adjusted to the proper tension. Just my .02 worth

John N., beautiful job on your 1650!
greenthumb.gif

Charlie, I have seen the photos of that pristine 125 before, why is it a teaser? Don't tell me you bought it!
icon_eek.gif
If so, I am going to have to make a trip up to visit you...

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 105
  • icon_eek.gif
    icon_eek.gif
    170 bytes · Views: 115
OK, this is a WTF is going on post....
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 120
Random pic......

298426.jpg

Attachments

• 298426.jpg
    298426.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 125
Gerry, that looks like a picture that would have come out of Kentucky Kens yard years ago, with all the 'treasures' laying around there.
yikes.gif

Attachments

• yikes.gif
    yikes.gif
    977 bytes · Views: 117
I want to replace the oil seal on one side of the rear axle on my 126. How do I remove the wheel hub to get at the oil seal? Will it tap out with a hammer, do I need a puller, or do I have to go inside the housing to disconnect something? Any and all advice will be appreciated. Thanks

Charlie, Doug, Thanks for the suggestions. I had thought about drilling and adding the screw but wanted to see if there were any other ideas. Would have responded sooner but my router died about an hour after I posted and had to get a new one and set it up.

Robert - there is a c-clip in the differential, so yes, you need to open up the rear end to pull the axles. Take a few minutes and download the 1x6-7 manual (it's available for you on the "Manuals" link on the home page, scroll towards the bottom of the page). Check page 2-34 for details...

Back