• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 04, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brendan, Frank,
see this post from the vault:

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-auth.pl?file=/106/87184.html

89576.jpg

89577.jpg

Scott , Frank must have slept in that day ! Frank did i hear you have bought another Cub ?

Don: Almost! Pretty nice 123 in New Hampshire on Craigslist. Jeanne put her foot down. Both of them!! Apparently she thinks the one I have to get in Connecticut is enough! Also, there's the 169 10 miles from her mother's. Glad you noticed the lack of hydraulic lift, though I have about enough 149 parts here to put hydro on it. Hmmm, wonder if it's got a ported pump?
asthanos.gif

Frank, if the holes in the axle were drilled to the right diameter I wouldn't think so as the splines on the studs would stop them from turning. I think the studs are a harder material than the plate on the axle so they should press the matching spline in the plate
dunno.gif

I guess if I had to tack them it wouldn't do any harm as it will be permanent anyhow

I said goodbye to my parts 127 after a 2 year stay, and made 2 of my neighbors pretty happy as a result. I was done with it and it was time to pass it on. The nose piece went to my neighbor and some time mechanic, who over the years has laid some useful goodies on me, as well as do competent and inexpensive work on my vehicles. I was over there today having him look over my aging Accord, when I mentioned my latest yellow and white acquisition. He mentioned that he had a 126 with a busted nose piece, I said I had a picked over 127 parts tractor that had a good nose piece, and would probably be a perfect fit.

When I got back from retrieving the nose piece, another local farmer had showed up at my neighbor's place. I mentioned that the only thing left of any use on the 127 was the Hydro unit. The farmer mentioned that he had a use for one of those. I said he could have the Hydro, and what was left of the 127, and my neighbor made a crack about all the junk that the farmer already had laying around, but he showed up with a trailer this evening to haul it away.

I had already gotten my money's worth of parts from it. It was time to pass it on.

Good Morning... The hammer and bolt trick worked like a charm on the steering wheel...Thanks

However I am still having trouble with the shift lever...any other thoughts out there?

Kevin-
Kraig mentioned using a leather glove to protect it and "tap" it with a hammer.

Assuming you did that, maybe it's time to get a bit more aggressive. (I'm also assuming your shift lever is not a prestine looking piece.) Try this..........

1) Confirm that you've loosened the shift lever's set screw.

2) Spray up under shift lever with a good penetrant. (PB Blaster, Kroil, etc. [not WD-40]) Try to use one of the little red tubes to get up into the lever where it slides onto the splined shaft.

3) Using a short block of 2X4 as a "buffer" between your shift lever and hammer, put the block of wood over "hub" of the shift lever and give it a good whack or two.

4) Put down hammer & block of wood. Now grab shift lever out at it's end and try rocking it off. (side to side and up and down)

5) Repeat #3 and #4 until shift lever comes off.

Your goal in hitting it down is to loosen it, so as you hit it, try watching it for downward movement. You may have to try this, then let it rest for a couple days soaking it with more penetrant oil and then come back to it.

If you're really good with things like this, you could try "playing" a lit torch over the hub of the shift lever, but this is sort of a last resort, because unless you REALLY take your time and heat it from a decent distance, you're going to burn the chrome off the lever in an instant.

Try the above method for awhile and let us know what happened......

Scott-
All I know about Kohler breathers is listed in the second link Kraig posted.
happy.gif

Kraig...Also by removing the set screw, you can get some PB Blaster to some/most of the shaft/splines and that will help immensely. Of course, let it sit and penetrate over night...

Kevin is learning why we all strongly recommend use of anti-seize on all exposed parts when assembling/reassembling!!! Including that steering wheel & shaft.

Myron B

Frank, chances are that the 169 DOES have a ported pump.

89591.jpg

I will try this, it sounds like patience is a virtue and so far everything I have been instructed to do has worked...

I have access to a QA 35A snowblower... Will this fit the 105?

Thanks again for all the help, I plan to take pictures of my restoration project as each phase occurs, I will be sure to post pictures.

Latest posts

Back