• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 04, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cengelking

displayname
Chris Engelking
Tom, Squirrel, Streamwood, from what I can tell, just some power out on the south side of town. I was by the girlfriends in Glendale Heights this evening. There was a lot of branches down and debris all over the road. I heard two tornados touched down , one in Hampshire and one in Elburn. We had lot of rain and wind but no tornados were sighted by us.
Thanks for the concern for the fellow cubbers.
Tom are you going to the steam show? I'm sorry, dumb question. I should say, What day will you be there?

Josh D:

89547.jpg

You could start by using a penetrating product called "PB Blaster". Spray it on the shafts and allow it to penetrate. Try working the shaft until it is freed up.

The Control Valve is repairable. See image...
89548.jpg

Don T., how big of an email attachment can your email handle? I have 20 photos or around 37MB worth of high resolution photos of the Original mower deck belt guards with the ruler for scale.
happy.gif
I can resize them or I could send them in small batches, your choice.

Tonight I need to clean up the 6-12 tires and rims and then I can install them on this. Actually I should probably install the clutch pedal and some other items first....

89566.jpg

All of Kraig's pics of the Original refurb makes me want another one. I just can't quite get excited about the 100 I need to clean up and paint. My cheapie angle grinder died a while back so I've been putting off stripping it down for paint. I need to get another grinder, but can't decide which one. Maybe I'll start a grinder thread in the Machine Shop.

Anyway, looking good Kraig!

Keith, thanks!
happy.gif
You can never have enough 4.5" angle grinders! I have 3, one with a grinding disc, one with a sanding disc and one with a wire cup brush. All 3 are different brands, all cheap. The "best" one is a Skil brand, but it's not really the best one....

Charlie & Keith: I picked up my Brg for old style mule drive pulley this morning from local cub cadet dealer, cost me $20.87 appears to be right size for pulley but center is not 3/8" has 5/8' center hole i've access to lathe so I can make a spacer to fit brg. It will work but not same brg as I took off. For what it's worth James S

Kraq send away i have cable internet . I got some cables in the Mail today for my 2nd O .just have to soak them in D fuel to get them working nice. Just picked up some tips for the wire welder and they have a sale on Makita cut ( 15") of saw with a free mini grinder all ind grade for $266.00. Can`t spell lol later Don T

Don T., OK, just to be safe, I'll send the photos in two emails. They will be in zip files.

Don T., well I'm going to have to send them in even smaller batches both emails came back as undeliverable....

Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) got 1 of them. thanks so much. i think it will be safe to operate with the covers on the deck and will look better also. Thanks For your help. later Don T
coffee.gif

Kraiq M . thanks for all your effort. it looks like the one will be a little more effort to make with the belt guide inside the cover but i think it can be done. If ever i can help sing out lol.does belt guard go on the right side?
89569.jpg

Don T., the cover with the belt guide inside goes on the left. Think about it you'll figure it out.
wink.gif

I have a Cub 71 with a K181 engine. If you engage the PTO and run up the RPM's while the engine is warm, it starts venting exhaust out the left side of the engine block and knocks and sputters to beat the band. Run the RPM's down and it runs just as sweet as pie. I'm in the process of running two tanks of MMO through it. Anybody know what might be causing this? }

Hi Scott and welcome. Others will be along that have expertise for your questions. I'll stick my neck out and and say your piston rings are allowing some blow by out of the breather on the left side of the engine and perhaps the P.T.O. itself could be the cause of the knocking. Both are repairable and parts easily accessed. The sponsors in the links above as well as the parts lookup is a great source of info.

beerchug.gif

Kraig,,,,,, looking good. I hear ya' on the humidity,, seems to be about 120% down here in Broward county, Fl. And speakin' of Florida Cubbers, I received a very nice mail from Strait Hollis, a member here,,, he is a native Florida "cracker". By the way, the term "cracker" originated from the cowboys cracking their whips to bring cattle from the interior grazing to barges on the coast. Anyhow, Mr. Hollis has a 127 that he is working on don't forget that there are Fl. Cubbers too!!

Dean H,
I had a 22hp. Commcand in a original along with a larger drive pully thus making it a little speedster. It wan't practical, but had a bunch-o-fun with it. Just getting started on another project. Stay tuned.................

Bubba,
Wouldn't you know it, my nephew is gettin' hitched on Sycamore Friday. S>O>B>!!!! I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday. Thinking or bringing the 234 to see if the BIG BOYS will let me turn some dirt.

Tom, I like that turning some dirt idea... I'll see you there on Saturday too.

I have a 61 original. I recently got a pair of headlights and mounting brackets. My grill housing does not have any holes in it for lhe lights. Where do I drill them? Is their a set place or just what looks good? Same question for the light switch,(Which I do not have yet) It goes on the left side but exactly where? Thanks John in KC

Back