• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 02, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpatchett

displayname
Jim Patchett
This is on CL in central Michigan.

307626.jpg

307627.jpg

Attachments

• 307626.jpg
    307626.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 307627.jpg
    307627.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 307626.jpg
    307626.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 307627.jpg
    307627.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 150
Better view

307631.jpg

Even got a Crown Vic in the background for Jeff.

Attachments

• 307631.jpg
    307631.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 307631.jpg
    307631.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 128
Gerry I. Yes, the gentleman that bought Clarence from the estate sale decided the 48" deck worked the 102 too hard. So he removed the left blade and installed a shorter belt only using the center and the right pulleys/blades. His Mom's lawn wasn't that big and it didn't take long to get used to the way to line Clarence up to use the new cutting width.
happy.gif

Jim P. Now that's innovative. Reminds me of when a co-worker asked me if I knew how to turn a dishwasher into a snow thrower. I asked, "How?" and he replied, "Give your wife a shovel." So now I know how to turn a Cub Cadet into a wood cutter.
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 124
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 118
Marlin, The former owner of Clarence could have been right about the IH 48" mower deck working the garden tractor too hard. I'm thinking not so much that the mowing deck is operating three blades, but rather, the over-all weight of that deck. My 125 came with the same IH 48" mowing deck, and "wow" is it ever heavy! I can see wear in the rock shaft mounts, and much more on the mule drive, and deck lifting bracket. So, I'm thinking that just the weight of those decks can really be something for the garden tractor to carry around.

My plan is to install my deck back on to my 125, btw!

John, have you ever tried to work with a Habsn 60" deck? It is literally easier to pick up the tractor and put it over the deck. That deck has got to weight over 200#.

Marlin, Charlie Matt and all - I've needed a good laugh the last couple of days, I got it.. I wasn't too sure whether I can get the image of poor Clarence with a mower deck strapped to him mowing his mom's yard (I mean, he's old, well then I realized what you meant) out of my head, then the stripper kit..

The reason I got my 129 back in '85 was the original owner couldn't handle the weight of the implements, especially the mower deck. Jerry just passed away last week, maybe I'll follow Marlin's lead - I like it! I'm gonna go tell the 129 it's name.....
1AA_dance2.gif

Attachments

• 1AA_dance2.gif
    1AA_dance2.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 127
Seems we have someone or something in China that wants to join the forum!
307635.jpg

Attachments

• 307635.jpg
    307635.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 307635.jpg
    307635.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 126
Someone or "something" LoL

It prolly wants to order some of your parts Charlie,
thumbsup.gif

Speaking of heavy decks,,,,

307642.jpg

307643.jpg

307644.jpg

307645.jpg

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 307645.jpg
    307645.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 307644.jpg
    307644.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 307643.jpg
    307643.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 307642.jpg
    307642.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 127
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 122
  • 307645.jpg
    307645.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 307644.jpg
    307644.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 307643.jpg
    307643.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 307642.jpg
    307642.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 124
"STOPFORUMSPAM" The something either typed in "snake oil" and ihcubcadet popped up, and it's trying to get some, That Minnesota Rattler is grade A top of the line @$#%!!!!
Or it's a robot,

307654.jpg

Attachments

• 307654.jpg
    307654.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 307654.jpg
    307654.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 132
Gerry I. I also like you naming your 129 after his original owner, Jerry. It'd be neat if the two could meet one day. Clarence has a really cool personality when I drive him. Jason W. is right about just making time to get him up and running again. I also need to make a CAT O three point hitch for him.

Amen on 60".....Back still hurts from wrestling it out of the shed this spring, but man do they cut!!!! Especially with some hp behind them!!!

Just mowed mine with the ZTR, not IH (Cub Cadet though), but almost 2x as fast.

x2 on the 60" Haban! I've got the first version with only the rear wheels, so the "quality of cut" is somewhat lacking, but it obliterates anything and everything in it's path! I use mine only a couple time a year. For me, my SGT is much more useful without the deck on it... plus my CH20-powered IH 782 uses less than half the fuel of the 20 HP flathead in the SGT.

Jason, That's a common well known problem. Ya may want to make the repair tab a little wider to give more surface area to the contact.
And also fill and dress the rock shaft it rides on.

Good morning guys! Planning on giving my 1450 a little wash, and then fiddle with the 125 before I have to leave early today.

Jason W, Yup, mine is worn just about as bad. Good to see the attention given, the corrections look solid!

Nic B, No, I have not wrestled with a 60" deck. I bet they are the heaviest of them all, lol! But, I seem to feel my 48" off the 125 sure is much heavier than my 50" deck off my 1450!

Hi there. I put a new voltage regulator on my 169, and it seems to be overcharging the battery. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust one of the newer style regulators? It's an aftermarket (<font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>) unit, with two coils and three terminals with the ground on the bottom. The starter/generator was just rebuilt at a local auto electric shop, and checked out ok. When running, the ammeter needle runs between the middle mark and the overcharge mark and after a couple of hours the battery case is warm to the touch. Any comments? Thanks. Dick Green

H60- I've been using one for 3 years and I am thinking of going back to the my 50C

It is a very sturdy deck and cuts flat/even, but is worthless at getting the grass discharged out the side. Leaves too many clumps and grass trails behind. The time it takes to mow my yard is 30 minutes less, not sure the time savings makes up for a lack of a quality cut. Does not go up as high as a 50C deck. I am cutting at the maximum height most of the time and would like to go higher sometimes.

Anyone find or modify a set of Gator Blades for the H60?

Jim

Richard G.

Not sure what aftermarket VR are being made today, but the one that came on my 149 has air gap adjustment like the IH one on my 127.

The aftermarket VR I have is a not that great, I had the same problems with overcharging most of the time at first, occasionally it would work correctly.

After several adjustments is works correctly now, well most of the time. Don't think the coils are made very well, regardless of the SG I used with it still regulates poorly.

Jim

Richard G., the stock gauge(s) aren't the most accurate. I'd suggest getting a digital VOM, (volt ohm meter) it doesn't have to be an expensive piece from Fluke or Snap On, you can even find decent ones on cr-list. Then take a reading and as long as it's between 13.8 and 14.2 it's perfect. If you're reading 14.5 and the generator is hot to the touch, then there's more testing to do.

Besides, if you need to do more testing of the charging system, you'll need a meter for sure.

David S -

I actually considered building up the rock shaft, my thought was to let the fork "dress it back up", but decided against it. Wear didn't seam that to awful bad. And as far as wider on the fork tounge goes, I wasn't real familiar with how everything worked under there, I just knew as thin as that metal was, much longer it would be in two pieces. I knew repair was within my capabilities and went back original thickness and size. I did notice a few pics Kraig posted back in 2009 showing the difference when IH went to the Wider Design after the 1x4/5 series. Now that you mention it "YES" if had to do over again, definitely Wider!!! As far as "common & well known", well now that I'm 4months in at this point it was one of the first obvious repairs that needed attention along with the Trunion. I'm sure there are many Many more well know Issues I've yet to encounter but she's running & cutting good at this point.
thumbsup.gif

Hey I've also noticed once the cutting is done for some strange reason I have Really Enjoyed here lately, disengaging PTO, Deck UP, and WOT down the street and around the loop, really small stretch of street makes a loop down the road a ways and then back to driveway!!!
f16.gif

Thanks for the comment,

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 123
  • f16.gif
    f16.gif
    303 bytes · Views: 126
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif