• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 02, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jason - if you're gonna be going down the street and around the loop you better get your brake lights and flashers fixed!!!!!
roflol.gif
roflol.gif
roflol.gif

Attachments

• roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 107
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 115
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 103
Hydro -

Brake Lights or "Taillights" FIXED
thumbsup.gif

307676.gif

All she lacks now is Finishing, Padded Seat Cover, & Headlights!!!! Oh, and the AG's of course, already figured that in Sept budget.

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 307676.gif
    307676.gif
    45.9 KB · Views: 104
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 105
  • 307676.gif
    307676.gif
    45.9 KB · Views: 110
Jason -
wave.gif
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 105
  • wave.gif
    wave.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 103
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 104
Jason W,

Be sure to smear some grease on the new welded flange on your mower subframe before you install it on your rockshaft. This will help prevent further wear on your rockshaft as well as the flange.

Ron S.
It will also collect fine dirt and wear the parts out twice as fast as dry steel.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 98
Ron S -

That was my though "Exactly" also when I did First trunion repair after purchase of 149 back in April. Then I believe it was Matt G posted and suggested:

"I should clean ALL that grease outta there because it would collect dirt and wear out the trunion faster. That it is supposed to be dry!"

So after accident when I had to swap my damaged hydro and rear end with a parts 1250 I acquired "because of my accident" that trunion needed repaired also, needless to say I left that trunion DRY/Grease Free after repair!

Rock shaft & fork contact area may be a completely different scenario than trunion but I'm wondering if Most of the Moving metal on metal contact points under tractor should be greased at all? I guess since it is a tractor and digging around in the dirt it's whole life, kinda like a D9 dozier maybe it was engineered and designed to have specific grease points where there are zerk Fitting's and other than those points
1a_scratchhead.gif

Thanks for the comment Ron, I'm kinda curious now!
thumbsup.gif

Anyone care to comment?

popcorn.gif

EDIT: While I was typing, looks like Charlie already did.

Charlie you were supposed to wait till I got done w/ my Long Drawn out Spill before you commented, LoL

ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 93
  • popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 99
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 103
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 111
Why not just take some rubber inner tube material and glue it to the fork? That way it should wear out the rubber first and one less thing making a rattling noise? Maybe even a piece of hydraulic hose around the round bar.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 103
It's taken 30 to 40 years to wear out the factory parts.......should we be worried about an upgrade repair lasting any less time??????

Install the repaired deck subframe and mow, and mow, and mow, and mow, and mow, and mow.........

Jason,

Those look more like hazard flashers to me!!!!

Back