• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 30, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig,

I sincerely appreciate the manual but I already have that. I was really hoping to get the folks that had experience putting these in a narrow frame. I mean I’ve thrown everything at this thing except the kitchen sink & still don’t have the cotter pin in. Thanks again but I’d have to reissue my question does anyone have instructions OR experience with putting these in which they can through to me? I am putting this 3-point into a 71 CC.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone remember the old HP commercials?

What if...?

Does anyone ask themselves that anymore? What if I attached part #7 to part #5 BEFORE I shoved the whole thing thru the frame...?
wink.gif

Does anyone have a cross over number for the model# 2 tiller's main drive belt? The number I have right now is the original which is 487 045 R2 which were having trouble crossing to something I can get other than the dealer. I appreciate it & I'm sure other with these tillers would to. I've heard rumor these are a high dollar item?!

Thanks in advance!

Brian R.
The only thing that makes it easier for me is raising the tractor up at about a 45 degree angle, but I'm lazy.
Man I don't know how much more clear anyone here can make the intruction procedure.
It's really pretty straight forward. NOT EASY, but still pretty simple.
And do what Bryan said.
But your still gonna skin your knuckles up, It's a NF. LOL

Oh great swami's,cubby had a flat battery this morning and it's about time to replace it so I jumped it then went to remove it and lo and behold it DIED, I did the simple test from cubfaqs and it slowed down,what could be wrong with gen. ????????

Brian,with the lift bar loose and pivot pin loose as well,tilt bar away from you,with left hand hold pivot pin in bar hole,with right hand take needle nose pliers and insert an appropriate sized HAIRPIN this to me was much easier than rasslin that stupid cotter pin

Charlie,

Yeah I figured it might be a bear after last night & then at least another hour today. I was really oping to get info similar to what you just lead on to which is jack it to a 45 deg angle hey maybe that's all I need? Eight now I'm a blind man in a dart throwing contest...Or at least that's how I feel.

Thanks I'll try it out (crossing fingers) & hope it works!

Charlie P.,
Since you have such an eloquent way with words AND you have first-hand knowledge, might I suggest you add a paragraph or two of your wisdom to the FAQ #20, part B, regarding the CERMA additive.

Your comments might include your personal experiences and/or opinions of using it in:
an old, tired engine,
in a newly, rebuilt engine,
in a gear box,
in a hydro unit,
in a diesel,
in a liquid-cooled engine,
any followup treatments,
etc.

I'm not thinking of some sort of info-mercial - nor am I trying to tell you what to do - I'm just making a suggestion of an addition to the already helpful FAQs information.

Just a thought,
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Henri- Did I understand you to say, you started your tractor with jumpers, then it died when you tried to remove the battery?
dunno.gif
Maybe I missunderstood.

Ryan W.
The one thing that NO ONE wants to do is add Cermax in a newly, rebuilt engine!
You do and the rings will NEVER seat.
It works that well.
On another note,
They never ask anyone to comment on something they have never tried or used.
There were 4 guys trying to sign up to sell it a couple weeks ago at the demonstration day and they were all turned down because they had not used the product.
End of the Cermax plug.
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back