• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 30, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sirs,
I have seen the one and the part list you have but this gasket in the center goes down about 1/4 inch into the bowl then covers the top of the bowl it look like a grommet except it is rubber and has the metal clip band with a tightening screw on the bottom

Karl-
This is a fuel sediment bowl...
56017.jpg

Is this was is leaking on your cub? If so, you can buy the entire unit and just replace the old with the new via "buy it now" on ebay for less than $12 shipped to your door.(I think Charlie inadvertently posted a carburator parts list.)

Art & Karl,
I didn't inadvertently post anything guys.
It's called NOT PAYING ATTENTION! Plain and simple.

All I saw was BOWL and went off on a tangent that was wrong, nothing more, nothing less, LOL

Sorry bout that. I'll pay closer attention next time.
bash.gif

Does anyone have a good install mnaual for the 3-point hitch? I have the old manual which really doesn't tell ya much. I can't twist the rectangular bracket to put in the cotterpin. I haven't even tried to bolt the flat stock which the welded pin yet. I think I need some experienced help on this one. Thanks again in advance!

Is Travis at CCspeciaties still in business? I need parts... would anyone happen to have his phone #? please email it to me if you can thank in advance...

Charlie... we're men... it's our job NOT to pay attention.....
bouncy.gif

Charlie,
I did'nt say inadvertently (that word is way to big for me to spell right, I just copied that word from your post)all I was saying is I seen that one while looking before I posted since I know you all like a person to at least look before asking but it did not match what I have as you can see from the picture I posted.As for not paying attention I figure there are a lot of different sediment bowl gaskets, I was just wondering if anyone knew where I get get one like the one in the pic I posted.

Chralie you may just have something there RRRRRRR! I just get to flustered sometimes with this stuff.
I am trying to get the 3-point put on the 71. Like I said I have the manual printed out but it's a bit vague. I even had the wife in the shop & she tried for almost an hr also. I'm missing something here. Thanks again everyone!!

He does not have a sponsor 'box' above anymore, and his web page says 'account suspended' and 'taking inventory come back later'.... or something like that... I would like to phone him to perhaps get some parts sent out right away, if he's up to it... if he declines, i'll go to Madson's.....

Brian,
If you have the installation manual, there's not much use in having another is there?
But here it is anyway.
56036.jpg

56037.jpg

56038.jpg

56039.jpg

56040.jpg

Questions answered...thx charlie

cubcubcubcub

Brian R., here's the manual for the 1x6/7, which should be similar as for your 71 but the fenders are different and the 1x6/7 uses an extra bracket, #9 in the parts list.

56042.jpg

56043.jpg

56044.jpg

56045.jpg

Karl-
I've never seen THAT gasket before? Every one that I've seen looks like the one Charlie posted @ 11:12pm last night.
dunno.gif

Charlie-
Kraig? Busy???? Doubtful....
coffee.gif

Latest posts

Back