• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 29, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis F - hey that's a great point about the fuel bowl on the carb. I remembered they often get a crack around the bolt hole but forgot about them bending in slightly so the bolt didn't actually hold the bowl against the gasket.

Attempting to resurrect a wireless 126 that I picked up yesterday. Is this correct for the V/R mount bracket? It came from a parts 125 along with the wire harness. However, I noticed it is different that my other 125 in as it's mounted in the middle of the grill. Was there a change somewhere along the line w/the NF's before they moved the V/R to the Battery compartment?

This thing needs a lot of help. For instance, the muffler elbow is WELDED to the BLOCK for Pete's sake!! Geeesh, some folks should not be allowed near tools, especially welders!! Lots of stuff missing also. Gonna be a real challenge for sure.
Was hoping to hang a #1A tiller w/extension on it in time or garden work and the way it's been raining I just may get it done!! Rain all week and up into next week also now!!

285924.jpg

285925.jpg

David, not correct as far as I'm aware of. That looks like a PO mod... Not correct for a 125 either. A 125, and I believe a 126, should look like this:

285930.jpg

285931.jpg

285932.jpg

Kraig

I second the V/R mount location. I'd get the PO modded one away from the exhaust, and re install the heat shield that's supposed to go there. Some PO moving the regulator closer to the exhaust exit sure was a good idea.
animatedihbear.gif

DAVE S. - The OEM VR mounting design and location on a NF CC was bad enough, that prior owner mod was a step in the WRONG direction. I move all my NF VR's back under the seat base inside the frame where it's nice and cool, no vibration, NO modifications needed to the OEM wire harness. I used to burn out the contacts on a VR on my 72 about every two years until I moved the VR under the seat on it 20 yrs ago.... same VR still working fine! It's not "OEM 100-point concours correct, but when a new CC VR cost $40 and one for a '55 Chevy cost $8, I wasn't worried about the Correct Police.

MIKE F. - You REALLY think IH let suppliers dictate design of IH's equipment? IH had a TON of Clout with suppliers. Most suppliers bent over backwards to supply things the way IH wanted them. I have no doubt Kohler was the same way. Onan on the other hand, I'm not so sure about.... seems like IH would have wanted Onan to make a governor that really worked.

DAN G. - The VR gets "Too Hot to touch" even with the stock location, I suspect it's actually cooler over next to the hood.

Hey all... What is Charlie's nickname on these boards? The digger@ email address I had for him back in '07 doesn't seem to be legit anymore.

Thanks =)

To All familiar with the 1x8-9 series:

Is the 109 a rare tractor? I seem to see a supply of 129 tractors around, but not many 109s. I am not really a fan of the whole Starter/generator/regulator system, but I do have a chance to acquire a non-running 109. I guess it hasn't run in years; but I am intrigued with the stories that seem to end in a running tractor with little work and effort put into them. Is a 109 a serviceable machine? Just curious....

Latest posts

Back