• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad,

Thanks! I had missed that Cubfaq link earlier. That's exactly what I needed.
Karl

Guys,
Never mind about the Narrow frame 3 point lift pics.
I found it on accident looking for a post by Richard Christensen on all the things he does on the Quietline tractors.
I thought That the Info would be helpful to Carl H. But, I couldn't find it. I thought that it was going to be put in the FAQs, but didn't see it there either.
That post,or rather 2 posts I think it was helped me tremendously in getting my 1450 back in shape.
Kraig or Charlie do you remember that post?
Brad

Karl - You'll have to excuse KG , he's not quite been the same since ... well you know.
I think he was confusing you're name with Matt T.

I just finished repainting my yellow/white 682 with rattle cans. If I knew beforehand how many cans I was going to use I would have been smart and saved money if I got them from Charlie. Anyway, my wife likes how the 682 looks and says I now should repaint my red 782.

Would I be better off buying a paint sprayer (I have an air compressor) and a quart can of paint, or just use rattle cans? If a paint sprayer any recommendations for which one to buy for a novice? Actually any recomendations on how to get a nice paint job would be appreciated.

Roy,
buy the paint sprayer. Places like Harbor Fright sell "Jam Guns" that work so well even I can use them. A new painter should first spray enough "Primer" to fog the area with just a touch of color. Wait 15 minutes and spray a little more. After several coats, you will have a nice even coat. Even a $14 gun is just too much fun. My buddy uses it for spraying stuff on plants, finishing furniture and even now and again, he will paint some thing http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91011

hello all,
new to the site, really like it. does anyone know if a k321 and a k341 crank is the same? In the manual it appears to be identical, but it dosent state anything about counterbalances and such. Same question for the fly wheel. thanks in advance.

KenTuck....
Musta been what I had fer lunch......Actually I was just so excited about the first 1015 owner I've ever heard from that I lost my head...
dizzy.gif

Dropped a cluster of dead elms today mixed (stumps right together} with some nice maples - I shoulda thinned this mess out thirty years ago. The 129 was critical in getting the trees dropped in the opening (roped as high as we could go and pulling sideways) - tomorrow it'll get the real workout pulling all of 'em out of the ditch I had to drop 'em into, fortunately butt end is out - chain 'em and drag 'em....

Hitch questions - is this an IH 3 point?

I just picked up a used 1450 today. I'm wondering what info anyone can provide about the hitch attached to the tractor. Is it IH OEM or after market? What exactly is it called? What can I do with it? Is it rare? BTW, It runs off the deck lift hydraulics... The person I purchased the tractor from didn't know anything about it and only charged me $25 extra for it over the cost of another used 1450 he had. He buys Cubs, cleans them up and resells them...

Here is the (my) back story, I grew up with a 1200 (Dad bought it in '75)and have recently moved to a property where I need a garden tractor. Not being willing to spend the $$$ for a new "tractor" (how do they even call 'em that anymore?)I picked up a very beat up 1650 earlier this week and it turns out it will be a full restoration project. (My first) So I went out today and picked up the 1450 today for grass mowing duty while taking my time with the 1650 as what I "needed" was a tractor that could cut (which turned out to be 1450) and what I'd wanted was a tractor I could rebuild (turned out to be the 1650) The 1450 is in much better shape than the 1650 and I was able to get everything mowed once I got it home
happy.gif

Thanks for any insight on the hitch.

-Calvin

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p32/cledford/004.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p32/cledford/006.jpg

here are some cubs pics
1.instead of replacing the spring loaded pully for my tiller on the mule drive this is what I did, it makes it easy to go back to mowing with the same mule.
189142.jpg

2. the tiller aproaching and leaving.
189143.jpg

189144.jpg

Nick H my tiller raises about 3 inchs above ground and lowers down into the dirt about 6inchs.

Calvin L - Welcome!
groupwave.gif

What you have there is a sleeve hitch adapter. The three points where it attaches to the tractor make up the 3-point hitch. The adapter is used with any Brinly (or Brinly style) attachments with a "sleeve hitch", such as a plow, disk, cultivator, etc. If you look at some of the photos in the Plow Days & Tractor Shows area of this forum, you'll see plenty of pics of the sleeve hitch adapter in use.

Latest posts

Back