• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crazy.gif

That's why I mowed easy. I had a game plan if I had catastrophic failure but it's so much easier when it makes it back under it's own power ( and steering )

Jeff - I had a plan too, hang the corner wide open and power slide around the garage ... the garage moved !

Heads Up ppl !
189125.gif

Scott M
I believe that is a 1A tiller I have a 2A on my 149 and yes it should raise up to clear the ground when transporting ( mine is about 3 inchs) but it should also be able to go down deep enough to till. maybe a PO shortend the chains, I will measure mine tomorrow

Your tines really need to be cleaned and sharpend some, use a course and fine file for this.
And the tiller pully and dive pully should line up pretty straight.
just my .02
ill post tilling pics tomorrow

Vince T,...oh ok. I meant that i dont have a strong enough passion for them to buy another set. At my local "buy it all" store they have 4.00-8 front ag tires for $26 a piece. thought i might try those once

Jeff B, how deep does your tiller till? I have the same tiller on a 149 and was just wondering. Thanks, Nick

I was just given an IH CUb Cadet 1015 as payment for a debt. It starts and the blades turn. BUT I think someone disengaged the drive train so it would push. I can't for the life of me find where to re-engage it. (Or something is broken, because when I put it in gear it stays essentially in neutral and won't drive.) Any help is appreciated. Thanks

JB - Go back to sleep. He's in the wrong place with the wrong manufacture with a belt drive.

In the kind of dissapointing "look what followed me home" mood. Buddy I have bought several cubs from called and said he had a good one cheap. Bought it sight unseen. Imagine my dissapointment when he showed up with a red 1282. Anyway to get back on topic, do all wideframe decks interchange?

Charles,

Wow, life is rough....a 1282......I'd buy nice 1282's sight unseen all day long...they are a very nice tractor the final evolution of the "Quietline" with all of the 82 series improvements.

Matt: Welcome!
groupwave.gif

Ken hadn't had his
coffee.gif
yet.
If you go to the SANDBOX you'll find at least 1 thread on the 1015. Then try SEARCH, Keyword, 1015, and you'll find more mentions of it. Then, try the PARTS LOOKUP and you'll probably find a breakdown of it. Good luck!!
biggrin.gif

Got the head gasskett in today. It wont start
I dont think it is getting gas it does have ignition after I cleaned the carb I ran it for 2 or 3 days before I put a filter on???

had a crappy day. went to look at a really nice looking 2000 Chevy 2500 and A buddy of mine that works at a car dealership put it on the lift and it was leakin oil and seeping oil all over. The owner wanted 9000 for it and i told him to screw himself at that price. On a Cub note, no progress today since the rain has come in this weekend

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I found a 1450 Hydro on Craigslist and I am preparing it for the summer. I've been through two MTD's in the bast few years that gave out so I am happy to have a real tractor. There is a problem with the brake pedal in that there is no return spring. Can someone tell me where the spring is supposed to attach? The tractor came with some extra parts, including a long spring but I don't know if that's what I need. I apologize in advance if this info is already posted. I tried a search but could not find anything.

Thanks, Karl Heinze

Hi Karl, welcome to the forum! A quick check is to see if the pin that holds the driveshaft coupler to the pump input shaft on the transaxle is broken, this will let the driveshaft spin without driving the pump...Note that the pin is a "roll pin" (parts lookup sez "Pin, 1/8 X 3/4 C-Z Hv Coiled Spring"). If it's broken, be careful how you get the piece out of pump shaft (don't hammer away at the pin with a drift without supporting the shaft...)

Thanks for the reply. The shaft couplings are OK and the tractor drives in forward and reverse. However the brake pedal is held up by a bungee cord. I pulled the center cover but there seems to be no obvious attachment point for a missing spring. There is a cross hole in the pedal shaft. I was thinking an eyebolt through that would do the job, but I'd rather do it right.

Does somebody have a picture of the rear of a Narrow frame showing the 3 point mounting bracket
and where\how it attaches to the frame?
Also does the front lift pin bolts go thru the implement handle slots?
I have had wideframes, but never had a narrow frame cub before.
Thanks in advance
Brad

Karl,
At the top of the page click on the FAQ link, then the Cubfaq link. CuB faq number 30 maybe is the information you are looking for.
Hope this helps.
Brad
P.S. WELCOME!!! From one 1450 owner to another.

Latest posts

Back