• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 23, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbauer

displayname
Steven Bauer
Kraig

i beleive so. Because when i turn it back the other way it seems to go back down. Would that be the reason that sometime it seems like it doesn't turn too far to one direction.

Steve, yep! The bottom of that shaft is basically a screw, when you turn it one way it'll pull down, turn it the other way and it'll push up. Time for a rebuild of the steering gear box. Check out FAQ entry 16, CUBFAQ entry 18a Oh, and CUBFAQ entry 18b might be useful as well.

Steven-

I'd pull that steering column out and take it apart and see what's going on. If the shaft pulls up and out of the tube 1/2", I'm willing to bet most if not all of the ball bearings are floating around in the grease in the case. You run the risk of doing some serious damage if you don't find out what's going on soon.

Anybody have some info on the hydraulic lift assemblies? I just bought one for a narrow frame
thumbsup.gif
just wondering if anyone has any helpful hints or ideas about them.

Kraig

First is this a hard project that should be left to the dealer?

Second if not can i rebuild this on the tractor by pulling the bottom screw and sliding the shaft down.

Steve, easy job to do. Hardest part will probably be getting the steering wheel off. Once you have the steering wheel off the steering column is held in with 2 bolts, then it has to come out the bottom so you'll have to hoist the front of the tractor up. Not too hard to do just go slow and work safe. Check out the links to the FAQ that I've already posted for you.

KenTuck...
While you were AWOL, I had a thread going about the browsers not getting all the pics on a page.. It is NOT specific to Firefox, I can duplicate it with IE, Chrome, Opera and Netscape - with varying degrees of the problem. It is a problem with the amount of time allocated for a delivery to take place - note that a request for a page results in multiple threaded requests being set up for delivery of the separate items (text, pictures, the background, etc) of a web page... The number of items all being crammed down the same pipe will determine how long it takes to build the complete page on your computer.. The interesting thing here is I only see the issue on this forum.....I suspect, as I noted last year, that there is a router someplace in the chain that's not entirely "happy"....

Steven-

Also to add to what Kraig said, scribe a line in the steering column that marks the position of the hydraulic valve so you don't have headaches later trying to get it to line up.

K G Ide
heck they should take up and use a donation for better routers. I would donate lol
destroy.gif

Matt and Kraig

Thanks for all your help. I will give this a shot this weekend.

Thanks for all the info on the tiller and such; I have a pretty local dealer I will call up for the belt.

I did have a few questions about the tiller if I could...
first do the tines look good? I am not sure how far they should be bent.
Second, the tiller, raised, should be off the ground, right? Fully screwed down the arm has some give (I assume to dig down deep bit it does not seem to rise up enough to not be dragging over flat ground. I am wondering if the chain links from the tiller to the screw thingy (my technical term) which connects to the tractor for raising and lowering is stretched or not.
Lastly, is it ok for the belt wheel on the tractor to be off center to the one on the tiller? with an uneven number of tines on each side it seems like it would be askewed on its own...

189113.jpg

189114.jpg

189115.jpg

189116.jpg

189117.jpg

189118.jpg

189119.jpg

Scott Tanner; I have a 127 with a pair of wheel weights like the ones you posted. The guy informed me they came with the tractor in 1984????? He bought it from a dealer in Arizona. That is all he knows about it.
Luther

Scott MacKay,
I have a good Cub cadet dealer in my area, trade you my Good dealer for your pretty one.
bubbly.gif
But only if your dealer is Good, too.

Have a nice day.

Luther,
Thanks!! I may paint them yellow, to match the JD weights I already have... I haven't decided yet.. They may end up on the 107...

I was mowing tonight and saw my right front wheel had developed a wobble. I took it easy and finished.

Back in the shed, I figured out why I had a wobble. The steel bushing that makes up the outer hub broke off the rim.
bash.gif

Oh well, worse things could have happened.
beerchug.gif

Jeff

Back