• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 20, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbounds

displayname
MBounds
Mike T: On my 982, low front tire pressure makes me want power steering... Air'm up to about 30 PSI and you will see the tires "round out" and the steering improves immensely.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I will check that tomorrow, right now she is dead in the shed with a failed fuel pump. Gotta stop by the greenie dealer, also an Onan dealer and pick up a rebuilt kit for the fuel pump. Thanks Mike

Mike T: While you are at it and have the fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump off, get an inline fuel shut off and install in that line. When my fuel pump failed, I also wound up with a crankcase with lots of gas along with the ruined oil. No More!! I installed the fuel cutoff so that it's located on top of the left side of the engine (normal fuel line routing). Sitting in the seat, I can lift the hood a bit and turn the fuel off or turn it on, as needed. Problem solved.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

I have a rear PTO that I'm planning on installing in my 126. What will be the RPM of this PTO?

Jim, I believe it's 512 or 515. I'm just about done with the pto on my FrankenCub

A little update on the 7 day retore project on the 1650 / dual hydro / 3 point. On April 16, 10:55 I posted the tear down of her, now here it is 4 days later! Most of it was blasted and repaired and painted. Lots of welding, grinding, fixing - but its turning out good. Waiting on the decal set, and a couple of rag joints and I think it might make it. I hope I can keep my head off the desk at work tomorrow! LOL.

82887.jpg

April 16, 10:55 pm

82888.jpg

April 20, 9:55 pm

I was hoping to get the rear tires blasted, and painted but wifey says otherwise! LOL

Everyone have a good monday!

Jim T.
The rear PTO on a Cub Cadet is 514 RPM at 3600 engine RPM.

Aaron,
Lookin good man!
thumbsup_old.gif

Keep posting those pics, I have a feeling that one is going to look great.

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how to set the govenor on my 782.

I was told it was missing the spring, but it's not.

It's wierd, when I give it throttle, the govenor and carb linkage are able to just soar up to near WOT. The spring is the only thing linking the throttle cable toggle with the govenor. then an actual linkage rod ties the carb to the govenor.

Does anybody have a picture of a KT17 govenor properly set up? or a manual page that shows it?

Thanks guys!

Nic

That would be to easy , asking questions is more fun ! You always let someone else do the work for you ...
biggrin.gif

Another PTO clutch bearing question: The service manual says to install the bearing flush with the end of the crankshaft. The new bearing that I have has a thin wire snap ring on the inside that prevents the bearing from being flush on the crankshaft by about 1/8". So, do I remove the snap ring and follow the direction of the service manual, or install the bearing as-is?

Matt H.-

Remove the snap ring; it comes with aftermarket PTO clutch bearings for some reason.

i was cutting grass on my 127 today. i put it in neutral to put the sign on my snapper back up and the speed control lever went limp. I cannot get the hydrostatic to engage. theres fluid, i removed the set screw and set the handle to neutral, but it won't go forward or reverse. any ideas.

theo

Theodore A.-

Crawl underneath and see if your linkage connecting the lever to the hydro is still in place. I bet one of those little tie rods ends gave out or something like that. Especially since you say the s/r lever "went limp."

i need info on my new old tractor please. model 149 and has external brakes. the serial number is 6178069 located on the rear end. spec number on the engine is 60166D. deck number is 482U1116 and the tractor has hyd. lift. i have looked through FAQ and have managad to figure out that the rear end has been changed? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!!! tsanders

Just to throw fuel on the fire, one of the PTOs that I recently removed from one of my 125s had that ring in the bearing and the PTO had operated just fine for several years I only removed the PTO because the S/G pulley came loose.
82912.gif
I should also mention that the last person to have their hands on the PTO was a mechanic at my local Cub Cadet dealer back in about 1993.

The last bearing I got from my Cub Cadet dealer a few years ago also had the little ring in it. I installed it with the ring and it works just fine. If anything, it keeps the bearing in place and gives just a tad more room for the clutch to release.

Thanks Charlie,

I didn't mean to imply "someone else do the work for me"...

I actually did d/l a manual for the KT17 and 19 but it didn't show anything about the govenor, hence... I decided to ask.

That manual the from this FAQ is much better. Next time just point me in the right direction. I can handle the searching.

Nic

Ted, that "6178069" SN sounds wrong, it should be a 6 digit number not 7 digit. It should be on a metal tag and the SN is the number after the U.

Back