Archive through April 19, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kide

displayname
Gerry Ide
Matt:
Brain Fart
bash.gif

Larry:
Matt is correct.... I wish I could come up with a picture of the inside of the tunnel cover showing that part of the dump valve lever, but I don't have one right now.. I'm going out for a while and if no one has come up with one, I'll pull the cover off the 129.

here is a shot of the tunnel cover with the pin holding the damper on hope this helps . later Don T
150037.jpg

Thanks, Don !! ....I just went out, got the cover off the 149, found the camera, found the card reader (we're still unpacking afterthe trip back North) and was ready to take the picture, shrink it to size and post it, and thought "maybe somebody came up with a picture"......

Matt: Don even got the roll pin in the picture..

Maybe it's not practical but I think a ground ripper sort of thing that could be easily attached and removed to the front blade edge would be great to cut sod, hunt rocks and roots loosen packed stone ect. would be great. Of course affordable is a plus since I don't really have extra money.

Richard,

That could be something that Aaron Schmidt might be able to come up with. Click on his colorful box at the top (Xterme Motorworks) he makes several accessories for the cub including a Cat 0 ripper. He may be able to make something like you are talking about also.... I can think of several times this would have been handy.

Scott

RICHARD - I can assure You ANYTHING like a ripper should be "Pulled", not pushed. There's just too many physical forces working against trying to Push something like that. I remember a discussion We had many years ago about how big to build a CC-scale chisel plow to demonstrate at Plow Day's. The general opinion was "Don't Bother, Nobody will be able to pull it!" These tractors are so light that anything that has to be forced into the ground really reduces traction if they're direct mounted to the back. If they suck into the ground like a plow they help traction & weight transfer. To put something ground engaging on the front is asking for it to become "Mid-Mounted" when the tractor tries to drive OVER the implement when it hits an obstruction.

Thanks for all the input. Scott I've seen some really cool stuff at Xterme Motorworks. Been eating a lot of crow on the engineer comment I made a few days ago
n00b.gif
. Dennis I was kind of surprised when my 104 broke traction without a monster load. I have an extra 150lbs on the back not counting my skinny self. I really didn't expect it. I would like to add that my 104 with a 16hp could probably carry another 1000lbs if it could be mounted before that much engine was needed. From what I have seen with my equipment and the way I work it 10hp is plenty of motor. I can't believe guys are using 16 and up to cut grass and blow snow. It's even got me rethinking the 7hp in the Original. Thanks again to the great crew here at ihcubcadet.
beerchug.gif

A 282 Cadet is a tractor-style Lawn Mower. It was produced at the same time as the 82 series red tractors. The 182, 282 and 382 were Lawn Mowers, The 482, 582, 582 Special (up for debate had a peerless alum rear end), 682, 782, and 982 that were Red were the 82 series in the very early 80's before the Cub Cadet sell off to CCC (Cub Cadet Corporation, a wholey owned subsidiary of MTD).

Dennis and Richard,

I wonder if Aaron could make some of his rear Cat 0 accessories work with a sleeve hitch adapter... or does the difference between the two types of hitch make it so that wouldn't work?

Scott

If it is the first one you have ever seen It is rare.Some people do not spend $500 on a car to get them to work!

Scott N. Do ya mean like this?

<font color="ff0000">NO links to greedebay auctions!</font>

Does anyone have a good idea on how to keep the front wheel bearings in tight on the Cub Cadets? Specifically my 169. I have tried a shim and peening the sides, but that is only a temp fix. They soon pop out again. Thanks.

Well I finally got the K totally torn down, and getting ready to clean it up and repaint. Yes another thing on my ever-growing needs list! I found a good rebuild kit that includes the piston, rings, valves, and all the gaskets for $75.00! I was suprised to say the least. I'm going to get the new harness soon and rewire it up so when I'm done with the K I wont have to fight with wiring it then. I wont be able to drive it till I get some new shoe's for it, but have been thinking of "borrowing" them from the 106 just for the test drive!

David G
I had the same problems with my 1450 thats why I converted to trailer hubs and axles. Now it can carry more weight up front
150068.jpg

well i hate it when people do this to me i want them all but sadly just cant
<font color="ff0000">NO Craigslist links either!</font>
might be a few good deals... i sure wish i had all 12!

Matt:
poof.gif
... It doesn't just apply to Greedbay .... (read the rules)

Latest posts

Back