Archive through April 19, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a cub 125 and when mowing it speeds up on its own, I have to keep pulling the lever back towards neutral

Aaron....

read the FAQ's... your speed control need tightening....

Aaron, my 149 was doing that this weekend. Simple 2 minute fix with an allen wrench. Not sure how comparable the two models are, but just remove the center cover on frame and the lower mount for the lever has a small allen bolt that you tighten to stiffen it up.

I had read the FAQ some time ago and new it wouldn't be difficult to fix. I just looked and figured it out once I got the cover off.

Larry, Aaron, no similarity between a 149 and a 125 when it comes to the adjustment in question, for one thing there's no removable center cover (aka Tunnel cover). Here's the service manual pages that cover it.

150123.jpg

150124.jpg

150125.jpg

150126.jpg

<font size="+2">The main tension adjustment is covered in "a" through "f" in the above image.</font>

150127.jpg

150128.jpg

this might be a silly question but is the a 140 cub I can tell it is a wide frame but cant make out the model
Thanks mike
150131.jpg

Mathew,
I just checked the tiller speed on my 782 with my photo tach.
With the engine running at 3200 rpm the tiller was spinning between 145 and 160 rpm.
This was under no load with the tiller just spinning in the air.

Aaron S.-nice job on that stack. i do think they are cool, but did not get that part in along with what i said. if it can go wrong it will, for me,that is!

I am putting together a free 44a mower deck from parts a friend is giving me. He has both the original ST-745 style spindles and the new 759-3479 aluminum replacement spindle. All are used but in good shape. Which one is a better? I know I can get replacement bearings for the ST-745 setup, however I know very little about the 759-3479 replacement setup. Is there any difference in durability between the two? Can the 759-3479 be rebuilt easily when the bearings wear out?

Chris

Has anyone tried a 1 bottom trip plow?
Now this would be neat as can be. There is a 1 bottom trip plow for sale with steel wheels. He used an Alice CA with it with no problems. I wonder if a cub could pull it?? I always thought trip plows were really neat given that you pull a string and it automatically goes up and down.

I haven't been to find information online about these plows. Do folks call them trip plows? Or is there another name?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Latest posts

Back