• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 17, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Here ya go Harry!
285571.jpg

Charlie - your re-sizing isn't work'n. Could you please ENLARGE that so I can read the serial number on the rear-end housing
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

marlin and Donald I have the picture of the tranny in off topics thanks to kraig

Harry.. There is a serial number? Hmm, didn't noti
err.gif
ce. Guess i'll just have to keep looking for it!
yikes.gif

Ya know I doubt momma would let me buy that one Charlie has up. But it sure is nice to look @.
On a different note I gotta say these cubs of mine always impress me every spring. The original of mine hasn't been started in almost two years. Put fresh gas and battery in it. 3rd time over it was running. Been using it on the yard cart and lawn sweeper. also going to pull spreader with it. both of my 582 fired right up once battery was hooked up. And the 782 I mow with and use on all my Brinley implements was running in one turn of the key. Haven't tried the 682. Just moved my snow movers to the back and the ones I use all summer to the front of the shed. The more I use the original the more I really like that. Going to change all fluids and filters this weekend on them all. Wanted to run them awhile first before I did to flush things around. have a good day Jim

At this point it's not momma that wouldn't let me buy that cub...it's the wife.
happy.gif
I'm waiting on filter changes too before I use my cub much this year. Since half my yard is under water (including the garden) due to the high snow melt and subsequent rain fall, and the grass is just starting to turn green, I don't foresee using it too much in the near future.

Oh, I see the beauty on that Cub, alright! LOl!

I have a model 72, which I wish to gasket and install the reduction housing cover. My question is: Can I assemble the reduction housing cover and gasket to the gear drive transmission, and then install the brake retainer and o-ring?

Waiting on parts from the Cub Cadet dealer, so this what I would like to do next. I will make sure the flywheel is torqued down to 55 ft. pounds. Thank you for any and all tips!

Swapped out the snow thrower and have been getting the mower deck ready.. I'm such an optimist!
err.gif

Thanks for the picture Charlie,
HMmm.. I guess I better go test my mouse again..

I recently acquired another cub.Surprise!!!wiring needed help.I have a wiring diag. of Rolands,but it doesent show wire from the fuses.When I got it there were 3 wires on neg side of ammeter & none on positive side
of ammeter.I don't think something is quite right.Any help will sure be appreciated.
Dan

Daniel M - we need to know what model you have, with or without lights.

WOW! Charlie, Now that's an OOFDA! !!!
Someone mentioned Cub? Where? Oh, Vince's
Mom found it.

Jim P I know the spring assist seems rather late, but it should take some of the load off the lift and off the gauge wheels. I replaced the lift's motor in June of 1995. (I keep log books) and the internal mechanism has never been apart. Getting some extra years out of it seems worth it. Ten years ago I bought a QA42 snow blower and that seems to be heavier than the mowing deck.

John W.

My grandmother had a manual lift with a spring assist on her 126. We removed spring assist during the summer so the 42" mower deck would stay down and not bounce up on uneven ground. I have an electric lift on my 127 I picked up on epay which probably has the original motor. The motor needed new brushes and bushings. I had to rebuild the gear box, the ring gear was striped in one area. This was likely due to the worn pinion gear bushings that allowed too much gap between the gears. The original grease was mostly just the paraffin’s, oil was long gone. I used 70% grease and 30% gear lube in the gear box. Using grease alone just seems to be inadequate.

jim

Brian, I use a NGK plug stk #3212/B6L in my K301/12hp 122. I change it about every 2-3 yrs. Seems to work real well for me. Just my opinion and experience.(not a champion plug fan)

Brian E.
Put an Autolite 216 in the dang thing and forget it!
I've run 216's for many years in ALL my cubs with great results.

Latest posts

Back