• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 12, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! Haven't seen this many posts in one day for quite some time. Must be getting close to grass cutting season.

Once again I've been offered a Cub but have no idea what model it is. I put a photo the owner sent me up on my Fotki site. If anyone knows what this poor Cub used to be please let me know. It comes with an extra set of rear tires, chains and a plow. It also has a few "owner added" extras. Thanks in advance.

http://public.fotki.com/SmithFarms/cub_cadet/cub/

Wayne Smith

Wayne S- good god man!,is that a radio and antenna on the top of that hood?(LOL)to me it looks like a 100 series but not sure,if thats a radio weres the speaker? LOL! T

Ted I-i think you may be right it needssss to be rescued! that would be a good one to restore(before after pics)

With that much tank showing I believe that it is a 70. The 100's showed very little tank.

<font size="-2">That almost sounds like this belongs in the gararge.....</font>
happy.gif

Charlie

When I check that link for the lift lever, what am I looking for? Excessive play, broken link? Or some other problem?

What's the fix? Replace, rebuild, refurb the link?

Ted I-i do believe your right,i was lookin' thru my only repair manual i have and the best pic of the 70 and the 100 was the 100. your right, by the pic the tank is smaller in my manual,you learn something everyday...thanks Ted.

Chuck,
After you get everything taken out and can see down in there, Take the lift lever and move it back and forth and you'll see what we're talking about if indeed that is where your problem is.
You will see the lever rod move and the linkage will not or will be sloppy/floppy!
The lift handle is all one piece and it could be broke too, but I kinda doubt it.
More than likely the hole that the pin goes in is wollered out or broken.
The fix would be to add the newer style wedge pin or drill to the next size larger hole and add a pin that size to the new hole.

Oh yea, I have seen the spring clip pop off the side of the linkage too.

(Message edited by cproctor on April 12, 2006)

Thanks Myron, no, I have not greased it. I will check out the ideas you offered. I did not notice a zerk when I was looking the other night(might be missing). I will let you know what I find out. Thanks again.

I'm clueless and need some help lots lol. I have a model 1002 the problem i'm having is when i push the clutch lever the tractor doesn't stop. It also does this when you move the shift lever to neutral. I've tried to adjust linkages but i haven't solved the problem. what makes it great is i can't find a service manual for it lol.

Michael A.
I'm clueless too cause I've never heard of a Model 1002 Cub Cadet.
You wanna try that model number again?
biggrin.gif

hi digger, thats my point lol, it is a cub and the model number is a 1002 i've read that sticker so many times i almost have it memorized lol. I've see lots of cub pictures and NEVER one like this, but they made it. maybe not many, but they did.

Digger, i can take some pictures tomorrow and post them. I'll even do a close up of the MFG tag lol. I'd like to fix it, its great for around all the bushes and trees in my yard because its small.

I am considering a Magnum 18 that a guy has for my 782. I have never had the 782 apart so I don't know what the flywheel end looks like. Does anybody have a picture so I can tell if the 18 will work?

Frank M:

The M-18 will fit right into your 782 with NO problems. The only difference between the KT-17 and the M-18 is the Solid State Ignition System and a Oil Filter. A minor modification is need to wire up the M-18 to your existsing harness. You will need to find a location to mount the Oil filter also.

It's just downright SAD what some people do to Cub Cadets...... Sad indeed!
dunno.gif

Latest posts

Back