• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 12, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WA Cotton,
I replaced the fan on my 149 last fall. Removing the driveshaft to install a new fan can be challenging if you don't have a service manual for instructions. Maybe Charlie or Kraig can post the driveshaft removal instructions or you can order a manual from Binder Books at the top of the page. <u>I would also strongly recommend that you replace the rag joint coupling and the hardened steel pin at the engine drive coupler as well while you have the drive shaft out.</u> These parts are also available at your local Cub Cadet dealer as well. Hope that helps.
Ron

Roland:
Thanks for the reply...My question is regarding the end of the crank/flywheel area....is it the same on both the KT 17 and the Mag 18?
I ask because I have not had my 782 apart and it is my first experience with an X82 series...have had all the other models apart and own almost every model....just learning on the X82's...
It already has a solid state ignition and a remote fileter...The carb float stuck last year and washed the cylinder walls down so I need to redo it. I have the opportunity to get the 18 at a reasonable price so it never hurts to have an extra engine around (Probably have at least 2 doz K 2XX and K3XX series around...) I am assuming that there is an adaptor that bolts onto the flywheel like the other cubs...

I just finished rebuilding the K301 out of my 1250 and I am having a couple issues with it. The first thing is that it spits some gas out the carb when it is running. I'm wondering what is causing this. I have the carb adjusted to the suggested initial settings but it will only idle with the throttle about half open. Any less and it dies.

My second issue is that once it is running it won't move. I think it is because the hydro release valves are stuck. They are supposed to pop back up right? If I take them out will I be able to clean them up or should I just order new ones now?

Thanks,
BR

Frank M- the flywheels are the same(same bolt hole spacing for the adapter)the Magnum series have plastic fins that bolt on the flywheel where the KT series are all cast iron...

Brent R-several things it could be, first,did you rebuild the carb? the float inlet needle may not be sealing off and letting it flood,second,grab the throttleshaft,is it real loose,the shaft could be wore and sucking alot of air,if its real bad its almost impossible to get the right air fuel ratio adjustment.try cleaning up the relief valves,sounds like the pins are stuck in the nuts.

(Message edited by aowsley on April 13, 2006)

Brent,
Check to make sure that the intake valve is seating properly and that the valve lash is correct. If the intake valve is not seating, gasses will be forced backward through the carb on the compression and exhaust strokes. This backflow of gasses will draw additional fuel out of the carb resulting in a puff of fuel vapor. You will see the same thing happening on engines with long duration cams that have a lot of overlap between the intake & exhaust valve opening & closing events.

I am looking to put high lift gator blades on my 48 inch deck. The outside blades are 15 15/16 and the center blade is 17 5/8. Does gator make an exact fit? If so do you have the part number? If not is there an alternative? Would bending the back of the blade higher accomplish giving me more lift?

Thanks,

Did anyone (besides Kraig) take photos at plow day?? It looks like no one else did.

Ken, several people have already sent or have told me of their intentions to send their photos to me so I know that there were more photos taken. I should post some more but it's time consuming to get them down to size.
happy.gif

Terry B. -

Why dontcha head over to Oregon's website and read thru the catalogs? www.oregonchain.com

That should keep you off the streets for a few hours...
wink.gif

<font size="-2">Google is a wonderful thing...</font>

Charles....I did see your photo montage. VERY GOOD!! Now we need a picture of that "free" hitch installed!

Jeffrey, Anthony,

Thanks for the advice. I did forget to check the valve adjustment. That was a big part of my problem. I am going to rebuild the carb too as soon as I get the parts.

Got the hydro release valves cleaned up too. Now it starts pretty good and I was able to drive it up on the trailer.

Thanks again.

Plow day is a happy day
Cornfield convoy

Travis Schweizer, of Rockford, left, and Steven Blunier Sr. lead the charge of a convoy of tractors Saturday during the Cub Cadet Plow Day in rural Rockford. One-hundred seventy-six tractors plowed land owned by Rockford’s Larry Rooney. This marked the third-ever plow day to be held in Floyd County.
34997.jpg

Eric Viccaro, News Editor

ROCKFORD — Five years ago, Steve Blunier Jr. and friends on an Internet forum came up with the idea for a tractor plow day on his family’s farm in Roanoke, Ill.

“You don’t get a lot of chances to take your garden tractor and play with them like this,” said his father Steven Blunier Sr. “I enjoy tractors.”

The Blunier family’s passion for garden tractors includes both toy models and the real thing.

Steven Blunier Sr. used an International Cub Cadet Model No. 782 tractor to plow. Blunier installed an engine inside the tractor with more horsepower than what’s normally found in a Model 782.

Thirty tractors were involved in the first plow day during the fall of 2001, and the event has grown ever since — coming to other places, such as Floyd County.

Saturday at the Cub Cadet Plow Day and Garden Tractor Swap Meet, a record-number 176 tractors plowed 50 aces on a nearly 60-acre parcel of land owned by Rockford’s Larry Rooney.

This is third time Travis Schweizer — including his second springtime gathering — has welcomed people onto Rooney’s land for plowing escapades.

Schweizer, who allowed people to park in his pasture grounds, estimated that more than 300 people were in attendance.

Hotels in Charles City were packed Friday night as a testament to how popular plow day has become.

People from as far away as Anchorage, Alaska, and the southeastern corner of Ohio attended the event.

“I am surprised,” Schweizer said when asked about the record attendance. “I didn’t know. I thought the weather on Thursday and Friday was to go force people not to come.”

Skies turned partly cloudy and winds subsided as the plow day festivities went on. Temperatures were in the lower to middle 50s.

Schweizer noted that plow day isn’t a competition.

“It’s just for fun,” he said.

The only statistical outcome is the number of acres plowed.

There are some elements that turn it into a sporting event, however.

Machine repairs have to be made in designated pit staging areas.

When not plowing, people operated tractors at walking pace - with a maximum speed limit of five miles per hour.

A field marshal was on hand for safety precautions.

Children were allowed to participate so long as he or she had consent from a parent or legal guardian.

Chris Anton, of Anchorage, Alaska, flew down this week to see friends in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Anton keeps a tractor at a farm in Wisconsin for plow days.

Anton, who is originally from Mankato, Minn., said he likes attending tractor plows for the camraderie.

“I have a lot of friends, and we get together on the Web in the dicussion forum,” Anton said. “There are good people (in tractor plowing). I’ve made some good friends from this.”

There was a parade of tractors and an auction at the end of the event. Cub Cadet hats, T-shirts, a screwdriver set, and oil filters were among the items auctioned off.

}

Bryan,
I stopped by the Local IH dealer in town. They have the Oregon catalog but we could not find a high lift blade that would fit the deck I mentioned earlier. Travis had a special on gator blades a couple of months ago but they were not for the 48" deck. Charlie mentioned he needed to cut blades to fit a deck a while back. I was wondering if was for a 48" deck. I also seem to remember maybe Steve B bending the wing up to get more lift. Maybe it wasn't Steve it was a while ago. The Gator catalog has 48" deck blades but they are just like the OEM. Maybe gator makes a blade for another brand mower that would work, the parts guy and I could find anything in the short time we had. Any help would be great, part numbers would be the best.

Terry B. -

It's been said time and again here - they ONLY make Gator blades for the 44" and 50" decks. That fact is clearly shown in the first PDF file on Oregon's site.

I'm sure you can read thru the PDFs (Reading Is Fundamental
wink.gif
) and come to your own conclusions. I'm surely not going to read them for you.

Ya know, if ya can't find what you're looking for in the catalog, then maybe, JUST MAYBE they don't MAKE what you're looking for. Ever wonder why our sponsors only seem to carry Gators for 44" and 50" decks?
wink.gif

What is the best way to get rid of the whiye chalkyness from a seat on a Cub Cadet 102? We just got one and don't want it to get on us. Also, what is the correct color for rear wheel weights? I have seen both yellow and white. Did any wheel weights come painted white> Thank You for any help.
35020.jpg

Latest posts

Back