Archive through April 08, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Ron H., when you get that please take and post photos of the setup and installation. We (well I do anyway) like photos!
bouncy.gif

Thomas B,

I would take the S/G off and check the brushes. They may be worn down and need replacing. My 149 would start fine but then charge sporadically with the ammeter needle jumping wildly from zero to high charge back and forth. When the brushes get worn down, they can hang up on the brushholder and not make good contact for charging. New brushes took care of the problem. Also check your S/G bearing(s) and/or relube the oil wick in the end cap bushing if you have the later style S/G while you have it apart.

I also had to repolarize S/G after changing the brushes. Some here on the forum say you don't have to do this since the S/G gets repolarized when you start the engine but I had to do it to get my S/G to charge properly, otherwise it would just barely register a slight charge. After repolorizing, it has run like a champ ever since. Hope this helps.

Tristian if you got the pin drove through enough put a hammer drill on it and start turning it. if it won't turn, help it with a pipe wrench. The other option would be to spread the frame enough to get a saw blade in there and saw the pin and screwdriver into. Then you could work on getting the parts out at the workbench.
just my 02c

Charlie: I'll ask. If I just happened to go to CC Specialties site, could I find it? Why do I think that looks like BIG BUCKS? Are there instructions in the bag? We've got about 28 minutes before Jerry owes everyone a buck.
biggrin.gif

Charlie, I should have known you'd have one!
bash.gif

sorry.gif

Charlie I put one of those disconnect clutches on my 1811 back in '91 to help cold starts. Son has since removed it ,cause he has possesion.
Shift.gif

Charlie - Nobody bothered to ask you because they were afraid that they would end up in "<font color="0000ff">The Vault</font><font color="000000">" for asking to many questions.</font>

Ken: Evidently (from your profile) not only from "the home of Kentucky fried chicken" but also the home of fillet of fish?
I'll get back on topic TOMORROW when I do everything else.
bottom.gif
beerchug.gif

Jerry owes me $1. Thanks, Charles.
If we keep pushing the limit we could go here: FIRST My bad. Jerry started it on the last page.

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By jeff l baker (Jbaker) on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 09:15 am:

Hey tristian did ya ever get that screw driver out????<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Nope. Its stuck good. Tried a couple more hours today. Tried pulling the rod out the other end... put the vice grips on it but cant get it to budge either. Also tried pulling the screwdriver out with a couple big ratchet straps and no luck there either. I had a ton of pressure on that thing. Its looking like I got to buy a metal blade for my sawzall... and in the meantime going to have to start looking for another lift and put it on the other tractor.

Another thought I had was maybe drilling out another hole through the rod large enough to get another rod in there to get some leverage and try spinning it.

Tristan:
Ratchet straps are not going to give you the kind of pull you need. The screwdriver is toast anyway ,get a a slide hammer hooked to it (see previous posts from various "helpers") and you'll get it out
thumbsup.gif

Don't get to see Kraig "beat his head on wall" very often! It's normally Charlie.

Tristan S.
Do like what was suggested earlier. Spread the frame, cut the rod on right side between the cast and the frame and take the cast piece out so you can get to that freakin stuck screw driver.

Tristan, I still like my slide hammer suggestion best, not because I suggested it, but because you pounded the screwdriver in, you should be able to pound it out...

And for Jerry:
bash.gif

I have a cub cadet 105. It has an electrical problem. In the last 25 years I have put 4 starter /generators on it. One regulator, a new battery every other year. A new wiring harness last year and a new solinod and starter switch this year. My problem now is that I can start it but it will not stay running without keeping the switch in the start position. Help. Thanks}

Thomas, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif
. Ouch, somethings not right with your 105. Other than the battery those parts should last many many years. The current problem sounds like a bad key switch.
dunno.gif

You guys on here are really crazy!
happy.gif

I love it!
happy.gif

Anyone going to Rockford this weekend?
I'm trying to decide what tractor(s) top bring if I get to attend...

Kraig, good thing you found us! Could almost get boring around here.

Tristan - I think you've won the award.

187962.gif

Do like Charlie and somebody else said and cut the shaft and screw driver.

Tristan,
What size hammer have you been pounding with? Do you have a brass rod to use for a punch? You need a hammer like the one this guy uses:
animatedihbear.gif

Latest posts

Back