• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any word on Blunier plow day Roanoke IL for 2015?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt there will be one. They only host every other year and they just had one in 2014 so fall of 2016 should be the next one if every thing works out. There's is always a good time though, wish it was every year. lol

Yes, It will be 2016. I made a comment in one of my posts about see ya next year. Steve said, nope, 2016. They only host every other year. The field gets alternated between corn and beans. They on plow on the bean years (cleaner field) and do not on the corn years. 2014 was a bean year, so there was a plow day. This year would be a corn year, so not plow day. 2016 should be a bean year again, so there should be a plow day in 2016.....

I'm sure if this is incorrect, Steve will correct it.....

100% correct on the crop rotation, corn planted in the PD field this year.......and no GT plow can handle 200 bu/acre BT corn stalks.....too much trash.

Beans are in a remote field about 10 miles to the east this year, but there are no facilities there and it's in the middle of nowhere.

Just started cutting beans there tonight. Moved out, put the 17.5 ft 820 platform on the 4000 hour 1978 1460 and opened up the field. Filled the 1979 IH 1700 S Series grain truck with about 300 bu of beans and quit for the night! More to cut tomorrow evening!

Pencil in 3rd or 4th weekend in October, 2016

Already looking forward to it Steve! We are planning to come down already. Wish you and littlest Steve could make it up here to plow with us north of the Cheddar Curtain for our plow day in a week and a half!

Thanks, and so do I, but Little Steve (??? he's 14 and about 5'11" now) is in high school marching band and the home invitational event is that weekend.......it's really cutting into my plowing time!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
(not that I would miss his events for a PD...that time goes too quick and there will always be dirt to turn somewhere)

Did get to plow the garden with the new 782DT......didn't even make it sweat!!!!!

What is it with these kids doing this to us? You blink and they are taller and in high school or college, etc! Maybe you can make the run this direction sometime in the future and see the family farm...

Back