• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Another newbie.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jean Vess

Hello all. I have a 1969 IH Cub Cadet that I'd like to learn a little about before I tell you it's for sale. I have original manual plus another saying it's a 105, with Kohler engine, as well as chassi number. It has mower deck. No pics yet, as it's in back of garage and hard to get to. Can ya enlighten me? Thanks

-C3, Thanks for info. According to serial no. mine is a 1967 (223460). It does need engine work - son said low compression. Ran and worked great until engine got tired. Guess at that age it's entitled tho. LOL Any guess what reasonable price might be?

Jean, it really varies. Depends on the region and the frequency & actual sale price (vs. asking price) of similar machine/transactions in a given area. Sorta like “comparables” in real estate.

Photos would certainly help this community assess the characteristics of your iH Cub, so probably worth your time to dig it out of storage for some pictures. Think: front & back, plus quartering-to and quartering-away angles of both sides, and perhaps a picture or two of the engine compartment.
Like they say, pictures can be worth thousands of words of description.

Some of our most prevalent members are located in the upper Midwest and might be able to comment on recent comparables based on observed transactions nearer you. But again, pictures would sure help.

From what bits you’ve shared, it sounds somewhat similar to machines that have sold in the KC region going for anywhere from $75 (rough, non-running) on up to a few hundred bucks (functional, working, fair shape). BROAD range.

It would need to be in good working order, good physical condition, and feature-bearing to reach or exceed (perceived/actual) value much higher than that; again largely dictated by the market in your locale/region and ultimately by the number (and enthusiasm!) of prospective buyers who materialize.

Best wishes.

Last edited:
Jean, it really varies. Depends on the region and the frequency & actual sale price (vs. asking price) of similar machine/transactions in a given area. Sorta like “comparables” in real estate.

Photos would certainly help this community assess the characteristics of your iH Cub, so probably worth your time to dig it out of storage for some pictures. Think: front & back, plus quartering-to and quartering-away angles of both sides, and perhaps a picture or two of the engine compartment.
Like they say, pictures can be worth thousands of words of description.

Some of our most prevalent members are located in the upper Midwest and might be able to comment on recent comparables based on looking for transactions nearer you. But again, pictures would sure help.

From what bits you’ve shared, it sounds somewhat similar to machines that have sold in the KC region going for anywhere from $75 (rough, non-running) on up to a few hundred bucks (functional, working, fair shape). BROAD range.

It would need to be in good working order, good physical condition, and feature-bearing to reach or exceed (perceived/actual) value much higher than that; again largely dictated by the market in your locale/region and ultimately by the number (and enthusiasm!) of prospective buyers who materialize.

Best wishes.
-C3
Thanks very much. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Will have it pulled out to take pics to post. Hoping for someone who wants to put some work into the old gal so she can live on. We have always been able to get parts for her. I can only hope my new 5k JD gives as much as she has.
Jean

Latest posts

Back