• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

982 Restoration #2

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmasheris

displayname
Michael A.Masheris
This is my third 982 ,it will have dual hyd,power steering,turn brakes,rear PTO and Cat-O 3 point.It is a ground up restore blasted and painted small parts powder coated.
before

248234.jpg

248235.jpg

248236.jpg

248237.jpg

The rear end has been upgraded with fine spline carrier with the original ring gear from the tractor.The axle tubes are cast iron more support.The brakes are from the donor tractor due to the fact the rotors have a higher profile and 982 brakes are too short.

Mike that is looking very nice, but do you always paint your hydro fins??

A little paint is not to bad some hydro's are fins packed full of krud,I keep the hydro's clean.

Mike - your restoration looks great! I'm a little jealous of all your neat options (power steer, 3 Point hitch, PTO, front hyd) that I wish I had. Keep posting - I'll be following your progress.

Mike, looking good! Hmmm, looks like you're going to be adding washer fluid to some tires, that or you REALLY like a clean windshield on your vehicles.
Shift.gif

A few more pics decals hood on LED headlites in .The motor is in the machine shop getting crank ground.This is getting to be a resl money pit.
greenthumb.gif

250821.jpg

250822.jpg

250823.jpg

250824.jpg

Mike, wow, that is turning out to be a beautiful tractor! When you get it done please give us a report on how those LED lights work out. I've been quite intrigued by them but have not wanted to spend the $$$$ to find out how well they work. What brand are they?

They are Truck lite #Truck-Lite 44304C 4.25" Diameter Replacement LED Sealed ,about $100.00 a pair from truck Trailer Direct.It is Fleetprides ebay name free shipping.I will try them out in the next few days when the snow gets here I have them in the other red 982.

Michael--Its really looking good! I love all the options on that thing and especially those V61's! Does that light company have LED tail lights that would work in place of the factory ones? I would love to put LED tail lights on my Cubbie but I haven't been able to locate a factory sized replacement.

Back