• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

782 Sleeve hitch mounting questions?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhangartner

displayname
Jason W Hangartner
Hey Guys, I may be a little dense here but from what I can figure when you mount the rear lift bar for the sleeve hitch on an early 782 this does not allow for any float of the rear implement? The empty hole in the pic is the only place I can see that the bar will mount, and this seems to be a fixed to the cylinder position. I can see where a mower deck or a front plow or blower will float and where you can lock out the float. Isn't this a little hard on say a a plow or a tiller or the bracket on unevern ground?

62259.jpg

The reason I am a little confused is that the owners manual shows a small plate mounted on the side of the bracket but from the one picture I cannot make out enough detail to figure it out on my own. Is this the plate that belongs on this setup?
62260.jpg

I cannot find much reference to this in the service manual and only a few brief words in the owners manual.

Does anyone have some pics of how this is supposed to be put together properly?

Thanks
Jason

Jason H.-

It doesn't matter for the tiller because it uses chains to go up to the casting, so the float on that is built in there. If you want the plow to float, you use chains or slotted lift straps. My 582 3-point is the same way. I think the idea was to build the float in at the back to suit the attachment, and have the ability to put down pressure on if necessary. The 582 hitch is a little different, but if you want pictures, let me know...

Ok now that makes sense. I wasn't thinking about the chains or the straps.

Does anyone know what the small plate with the pin belongs to? It came from one of my 782's but does not seem to belong in one.

Looks like it's a float lockout pin for a 1x8/9.

Okay I guess I am dumb here, how does the sleeve hitch lift bar attach to the rock shaft on my 1512? I didn't get that little pivot bar with the little arm on it! I also didn't get the no. 2 tiller manual. I did get one of the adapter spacers for mounting the tiller to the late model aluminum rear.

Looks like I need this part to mount the tiller lift arm to the rock shaft. Previous owner didn't provide it.
703-0398 LIFT BAR PLATE ASSY $33.66

Can someone give me some dimensions for this part so I can make one?

Also an image of how all this bolts together would be helpful!

Matt G. got me all fixed up, boy do I feel dumb. The attached picture really help me.

83180.jpg

Latest posts

Back