• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

70 127 clean-up

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David !...
biggrin.gif
whistling.gif

Ed-- That Cub is really turning out nice. Keep up the great work!

Tha sure does look good , I always thought about building a blast cabinet , lke you said out of plywood , I know you can go to harbor freight and pick one up pretty cheap , theres not too many things that i really have to have blasted.I usually use that as a last resort,then I give t to my neighbor & takes it to work. If your in a hurry then yeah , it would be nice to have. I dont need a cabinet that you can fit a whole truck fender , just a lil bigger then them smaller ones they got , but dont wanna spend a fortune either. I think we all would love to see pics of your setup. How thick is the cabinet itself? I know you said 1/2in. I thought about using2 or 3 peices stacked together , then lining the inside with sheet metal . Actually I would use the same stuff they make ductwork out of in your house. Anyways that was my idea , anyone else have ideas?

Blast cabinet: The upper part is 6'-7"x2'-7" and ringed with a 2x4 at the bottom. It's 35" tall, the center of arm holes is 46" off the floor and 16" c-c. The 3 windows are 24x13. The funnel( lower part) has a 2x6 at he top, the funnel is 32" deep, the hose is connected to a steel pan that fits the slope of the funnel. THe sand needs to be changed about every 2 hrs and the glass also. There is a 4' light fixture inside the cabinet.
242839.jpg

WOW ! Thats a serious setup you got there! lol Thanks for the pics,gives me a few ideas, I dont think I could have somthing quite that big,lil smaller would work though. Sounds like you got a good size compresser runnin it. thanks again for the pics & info

Hey Ed, How's the 127 coming? Busy with other stuff or did you lose your camera
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif
err.gif

I should be working on it again in a week or two. I still have a bunch of Case 130 parts to paint red before the rain moves in in a couple of weeks.
I went to a tractor show in Toledo,Wa over the weekend and there was about 10 Cub cadets and a bunch of big red M's

I got back to work on the 127 a few days ago. I'm sure glad I made a list of the parts and the bolts and washers holding them on. It has made it easy to put back together.
247645.jpg

coffee.gif

Edward:
thumbsup_old.gif

I can sure appreciate that grille - can't we, Marlin?
happy.gif

Edward L. That looks sharp. Want to do some painting for me?
happy.gif

Frank C. You sure have that right. I found a near mint screen however $65.00 is too much for the budget right now. I just need to remain patient.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
247672.gif

I got lucky with this grill, other than it being rusty it was in great shape. It was held on by 1 spring but the other was laying down below on the frame

Edward - looks like that 127 is coming along nicely. Wish I could get down your way and see it in person. Say I noticed you don't have the Kohler tag on the shroud yet. I usually liked to re-install them before putting the shroud on to make sure the rivets hold tightly and don't come in contact with the flywheel rotation. I don't recall for certain now. Maybe that was my problem on the 14 or 16hp.

Harry: I'm not sure where I put the tag, I usually tape the rivets on the back.

Edward - the tag is probably over there on the other side of the '59 Ford.

Edward--I love watching this thing coming together. I can't wait to get my sheet metal painted on the 682 and so I can get to the final assembly pix. You are doing a great job and it'll be awesome to see this thing finished.
ihrotate.gif

I have enjoyed working on this tractor. When I looked at this home over 42 years ago there was a Cub Cadet in the garage that the seller wanted me to buy.. couldn't afford it back then.

Yeah that sure is comin along nice.Looking good , cant wait to see the finished pic of it, Cant wait till i can get qa few pics of mine being put back together,Still a long way from that,its completely tore down and what is painted is boxed up. I've got most of the 100 in the spare room & in the closet.lol

Thanks for the comments: I need to order a few items from cc specialties so I can put the transaxle back in.

I finally got the trans-axle cleaned up, used paint remover and a wire wheel on a 4" grinder. All the brake parts/roll pins were removed and sand blasted. As long as I had to use the paint gun I sand blasted and painted all the yellow part related to the 42" mower deck.
249024.jpg

Latest posts

Back