• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

70 127 clean-up

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David !...
biggrin.gif
whistling.gif

Ed-- That Cub is really turning out nice. Keep up the great work!

Tha sure does look good , I always thought about building a blast cabinet , lke you said out of plywood , I know you can go to harbor freight and pick one up pretty cheap , theres not too many things that i really have to have blasted.I usually use that as a last resort,then I give t to my neighbor & takes it to work. If your in a hurry then yeah , it would be nice to have. I dont need a cabinet that you can fit a whole truck fender , just a lil bigger then them smaller ones they got , but dont wanna spend a fortune either. I think we all would love to see pics of your setup. How thick is the cabinet itself? I know you said 1/2in. I thought about using2 or 3 peices stacked together , then lining the inside with sheet metal . Actually I would use the same stuff they make ductwork out of in your house. Anyways that was my idea , anyone else have ideas?

Blast cabinet: The upper part is 6'-7"x2'-7" and ringed with a 2x4 at the bottom. It's 35" tall, the center of arm holes is 46" off the floor and 16" c-c. The 3 windows are 24x13. The funnel( lower part) has a 2x6 at he top, the funnel is 32" deep, the hose is connected to a steel pan that fits the slope of the funnel. THe sand needs to be changed about every 2 hrs and the glass also. There is a 4' light fixture inside the cabinet.
242839.jpg

WOW ! Thats a serious setup you got there! lol Thanks for the pics,gives me a few ideas, I dont think I could have somthing quite that big,lil smaller would work though. Sounds like you got a good size compresser runnin it. thanks again for the pics & info

Hey Ed, How's the 127 coming? Busy with other stuff or did you lose your camera
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif
err.gif

I should be working on it again in a week or two. I still have a bunch of Case 130 parts to paint red before the rain moves in in a couple of weeks.
I went to a tractor show in Toledo,Wa over the weekend and there was about 10 Cub cadets and a bunch of big red M's

I got back to work on the 127 a few days ago. I'm sure glad I made a list of the parts and the bolts and washers holding them on. It has made it easy to put back together.
247645.jpg

coffee.gif

Edward:
thumbsup_old.gif

I can sure appreciate that grille - can't we, Marlin?
happy.gif

Edward L. That looks sharp. Want to do some painting for me?
happy.gif

Frank C. You sure have that right. I found a near mint screen however $65.00 is too much for the budget right now. I just need to remain patient.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
247672.gif

I got lucky with this grill, other than it being rusty it was in great shape. It was held on by 1 spring but the other was laying down below on the frame

Edward - looks like that 127 is coming along nicely. Wish I could get down your way and see it in person. Say I noticed you don't have the Kohler tag on the shroud yet. I usually liked to re-install them before putting the shroud on to make sure the rivets hold tightly and don't come in contact with the flywheel rotation. I don't recall for certain now. Maybe that was my problem on the 14 or 16hp.

Harry: I'm not sure where I put the tag, I usually tape the rivets on the back.

Edward - the tag is probably over there on the other side of the '59 Ford.

Edward--I love watching this thing coming together. I can't wait to get my sheet metal painted on the 682 and so I can get to the final assembly pix. You are doing a great job and it'll be awesome to see this thing finished.
ihrotate.gif

I have enjoyed working on this tractor. When I looked at this home over 42 years ago there was a Cub Cadet in the garage that the seller wanted me to buy.. couldn't afford it back then.

Yeah that sure is comin along nice.Looking good , cant wait to see the finished pic of it, Cant wait till i can get qa few pics of mine being put back together,Still a long way from that,its completely tore down and what is painted is boxed up. I've got most of the 100 in the spare room & in the closet.lol

Thanks for the comments: I need to order a few items from cc specialties so I can put the transaxle back in.

I finally got the trans-axle cleaned up, used paint remover and a wire wheel on a 4" grinder. All the brake parts/roll pins were removed and sand blasted. As long as I had to use the paint gun I sand blasted and painted all the yellow part related to the 42" mower deck.
249024.jpg

Back