• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

582 motor swap questions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csliko

displayname
Cody SLiko
Hi All,
Will a 20 hp honda v twin mount up in a 582 or do you have move the clutch and drive shaft positions. Thanks in advance Cody

You would need to alter the wiring harness, make a clutch driver adapter, new driveshaft, muffler shroud, etc.

Matt
Thank you for the input that doesn't sound to bad just a little time and patients.

Not sure how the honda motor is setup. The Drive shaft is off the flywheel so you would need to machine something to suport/drive the drive shaft. I have a 582 with the briggs, it runs good but leaks oil. Just got it last month in a non running condition. It has very good power. Any pics?

I use to have pics on the computer but it crashed and I now have new one. I will pics in a day or so when i get of work while the sun is out. That is if i can find under all the cold white stuff.
Cody

Latest posts

Back