• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

3184 w/44" mower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbingham

displayname
Bill Bingham
Hi, relatively new to cubs so I have a couple of questions I hope you guys will help me with:
How do you position/remove mower deck from under the tractor - not the pins etc. I mean getting it out and putting it under - drive over it? I had to jack up the front to get enough clearance to pull it out sideways - doesnt seem right. Trying to remove the blades to install new ones - left hand thread? Nuts wont budge - blades are spinning on the shaft when wedged and trying to unlock/remove. The dealer I bought it from last week was supposed to go through it and sharpen blades, grease zerks, check the belts etc. before delivering - they didnt do squat! Tuesday I will call to tell them how much I appreciate their taking care of me. I also bought a new blower that was supposed to come with the quick attach hitch (tractor already has the hydraulic setup from previous owner) - did not come with the blower and didnt notice while the driver was still here because the blower was crated. So I called to tell them that and the sales guy I dealt with said they thought I already had it - explained when pricing that I needed it and the price quote included it, besides, I bought the tractor from them too! He said they will follow up with me on Tuesday - better not try to get more money or I will tell them to come and get both the tractor and the blower. These guys are big in upstate NY - surprised and not impressed with their operation so farOh well, thanks for any help in advance with my mower questions.
Bill

Okay - figured out how to remove blades and deck - what type of gear oil goes into the mower gear box? Checked it and it was almost empty.
Thanks,
Bill

Latest posts

Back