• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

26/12/12 tires on 149

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seven

Will these tires be to big for a 149 how much clearance will there be from the fenders and will they fit on the rims I have now ?

If you have 23-10.50-12 tires now, they will fit the rims. There will be very little or no clearance to the fenders depending on the brand and style of tire you choose.

If you are using it to mow, they will most likely interfere with the deck, as well.

I have 23x8.50-12 Carlisle Tru Power ag tires on my 128. I have no issues at all with plowing.

plow1.jpg

plow2.jpg
plow1.jpg
plow2.jpg

I had problems breaking driveshaft pins when I had 23-10.50-12 tires on my 149 when using a moldboard plow. The wider rear furrow tire did not set in the bottom of the furrow.....instead it ran on loose soil from the round before. The spinning tire would dig down to a hard surface and the shock would find the weak point in the driveline (pin in driveshaft).

I went to 23-8.50-12 tires on my 149 and haven't broke a pin in the driveshaft.

A rule I usually go by is:
6 inch wide tire on an 8 inch plow
6 or 8.50 inch wide tire on an 10 inch plow
up to an 12 inch wide tire on an 12 inch plow.

23-10.50-12's. Blunier Plow Day 2018
323309.jpg

Last edited:
If you want something just a bit bigger than 23-10.50-12's, try Deestone 26-12-12's 8 ply lug tires. They are not as wide or tall as most 26-12-12's. Decent priced. Plus they will fit the rims that came factory on a 149. They say 8ply...but that seems overrated. Had no problems mounting them. Compare to the 23-10.50's in above pic. Just a suggestion!
MVC-032S.JPG
MVC-034S.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back