• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2185 oil leak

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecaye

displayname
Ed
I have a 2185 that is leaking oil! I replaced the the pto seal now the other crankshaft seal is leaking. Has anyone replaced this seal? Does the engine have to come out? I would appreciate any help

Thanks
Ed

Ed, you will need to pull the flywheel off to get to that seal. Nothing hard about pulling the engine or the flywheel and it would probably be a good time to clean engine and cooling fins up. Remember that Kohler calls the flywheel side of the engine the front so be careful when ordering parts not to get them switched around.

Latest posts

Back