• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2130 want start possible PTO promble?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbaynes

displayname
Herbert Baynes
PTO has been come on on it own. Now want start when you turn the key to start the PTO click but no start. Took plug off PTO will do nothing but can get starter to turn by jump it. Any help will be apperated.

Herbert,
Check the 2180 thread right above yours. Or I should say right below unless someone else jumps in. Same test just maybe different results.

Put new PTO switch on still have same promble. Put a 12v test light across starter termail and get light. Some one told me if you hit a Chevy starter with an hammer and it start bad starter. I try this and starter turn with key. Took starter to auto parts store had them check it they say its ok.
Now where is the brake and reverse safty switch. Seat safty all ready by passed.

Herbert: "Kicking" the starter works to free the brushes sometimes so they contact the armature (but runs the risk of loosening the permanent magnets). The auto-store tests are not always conclusive.

That being said, there are a lot of reasons why the current may not be getting to the starter, or from the starter to ground; including especially poor connections at the battery and/or bad cables. As has been discussed on this forum before, sometimes a perfectly good LOOKING cable can be covering up killer corrosion inside.

The brake, or Neutral Start, switch is actuated by the brake pedal, look underneath the tractor with a flashlight while actuating the pedal, and you should see two wires going into the back of a push-button switch in the vicinity of the steering column. It helps if you remove the tunnel cover.

I can't help you with the Reverse Switch, but it should be actuated by the shift linkage at some point. You will likely have to remove the tunnel cover.

I hope you get a chance to read this or find another way to solve your problem.
smile.gif

I had starter rebuilt it now will crank but the mower run even if switch is not engage. Ran it about 1 hours and blade stop turning. look like plastic thing wire go in melted.

Herbert: It sounds to me like there is a problem in the tractor's wiring. Either the ignition switch is not wired correctly, or some wire insulation has been melted so that wires that are supposed to be separate are now connected. I recommend taking it to a dealer or a repair shop you trust. Someone who knows a lot about tractors needs to take a look at it. If you put another starter in it, I think it will just get burned up too.

I'm just giving you my honest opinion.
smile.gif

The plastic plog is tost pto go hot?? maybe. What do I need to remove to take it off? Can it be rebuilt or need to buy another one. Thanks

PTo didn't get hot it sounds like there a short in the circuit. Chech the white wire going form your ignition switch to your PTO Switch.

A little up date ball bearing next to motor bad. Ran like this burn up PTO I guess? Replace PTO, PTO switch, and put WD 40 on Key switch Pull ploge on and off few time. Now start and mow ok. Has 376 hours on hours meter should this be normal? I bought it used about 2 years ago.

Another can the PTO be rebuild? On the part look up it show 2 long bolts holding the PTO to the block my only has 1, but with the plug coming out the bottom may be only way to work? Could a mid mount blade used on this one? Would post picture , but are to big and can't figger how. Thanks for your help!!!!

Back