• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1872 issues

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwarfle

displayname
paul warfle
Is the 1872 steering shaft sealed at the top of the box? The drive shaft came off while the previous owner was mowing and dented / tore the shaft. Can I get away with a siliconed patch on the shaft? I don't want to replace right now if I don't have to. I don't know if all 1872's have power steering, but this one does.
There are loose and missing engine mount bolts, so I assume that is why the shaft went out of alignment and broke away.
I bought the tractor for a resonable amount and hopefully can get it back to "like new" for less than a few hundred bucks.
Any advise is appreciated.

Latest posts

Back