• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1862 FLYWHEEL

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cphipps

displayname
CHRIS PHIPPS
I just picked up a 1862. I think I can make a nice working tractor out of it. The flywheel magnets have come apart. New flywheels are crazy expensive if you can find one. Anybody know of a repair service or replacement magnets? I have a 123, 129, and an O but this is my first CCC machine-Thanks

Chris ,i also had that problem ,itook it to my friends brake shop .and he was able to glue them back on ,using the same glue that is used for brake lining ,hope this helps

Thanks David, I will need new magnets as mine were chewed up while the engine was running. Any ideas on replacements?

I have a KT17 flywheel that is just laying on the shelf with good magnets. Could you post a picture of the back (magnet side) of your flywheel?

Then I could see if they are similar.

Nic,
I haven't pulled the engine yet but I appreciate the offer and will get back to you as soon as I can.
Thanks-Chris

Chris, there is (or was) an article on the web by a guy who demonstrated that replacement magnets can be virtually anything that will fit in the space, as long as their polarity is correct, he used round ones to replace curved rectangular units. Your flywheel can be repaired, no doubt, as long as the keyway and bore is alright and the flywheel itself is not cracked.

Edit: I repaired the flywheel on my Mag18 when I found all the magnets loose but intact upon removal. I used metal-flake epoxy to glue them back on. It seems that Kohler was just chincy on the glue on many of the original installs.

Thanks for the input Jeremiah, I will check it out. I have found a couple used flywheel at a dealer and still looking locally. I'm on a tight budget for this one and will take all the advise/help I can get. Thanks!

Came across a 1420 with a MV14 Kohler, any chance the flywheel will work on a M18? They look The same but I have not removed either one.

Thanks Matt! I will keep my fingers crossed, I am supposed to pick it up today.-Chris

Latest posts

Back