• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1823 Carburetor

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got an 1823 Cadet. Sitting for years. Probably needs a carburetor kit . Was looking for an original style rebuild kit on e bay. They had knock off complete carbs for $20.00, rebuild kits for $23.00, and original Kohler carburetors for $284.00. Amazing they can sell an unknown brand that actually works for less than a rebuild kit.

I would advise against the $20.00 carb you seen on E--Bay. I bought one of those and was out mowing and the engine started to smell funny, hot, or just different. So I shut it down and was checking it out, I pulled the dipstick and the oil came the whole way to the top, it filled the engine with gasoline. I am lucky I stopped when I did. I would recommend that you buy one from Isavetractors, he is listed in one of the boxes in the top of these pages.

Cub Cadet never made an 1823. We can give better advice with the actual model number, or at least the engine make and model.

My mistake, .... 1863.

I had the feeling a twenty dollar carb would be nothing but grief. When removed I will get the numbers and check closer for a gasket / rebuild kit.

Ebay is full of $10-20 rebuilt kits for the Keihin carbs on the Command twins. All of the horizontal shaft twins use the same carb kit. If you search for "CH18 carb kit" there you will find plenty of aftermarket options. I have bought several different ones and not had any issues. I would stay away from the cheap carbs, though.

BTW, removing the throttle stop screw shown in the picture below theoretically turns your 18 hp into a 20. Comparing parts diagrams, that throttle stop is the only difference I could find between a CH18 and a CH20.

IMG_3264_2.JPG

The screws purpose is to provide an idle rpm

No, the screw circled in the photo I posted yesterday prevents the throttle from opening past 2/3 or so.

The idle speed adjustment is the screw with the spring to the right of the one I circled in the picture.

Latest posts

Back