• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1811 To Fast Help Please

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhunter

displayname
Michael Hunter
This is my first post and I am so glad to be here.My 1811 takes off and wants to run away while in slow mode. I had to get in reverse just to stop her. On the upside she is strong and smooth. But if I don,t stop her she wants to climb trees. Is there a quick fix or do I have something more serious here?

Michael, sounds like you need to tighten the hydro control lever assembly. Note the friction disc (#21) in this parts drawing. Tighten that assembly by tightening the nut (#23) and it should take care of the running away.

82319.jpg

It's possible that you may have something else wrong or loose but I'd start with tightening the hydro control lever assembly.

Michael, if that doesn't fix it try THIS. It might not hurt to do this procedure anyway to make sure everything is adjusted properly.

Kraig Thanks I needed to make that creap adjustment too, the manual is harder for me to read.I printed out your <u><font color="ff0000">THIS</font></u> and now I can read it when I go out to the shop. And I can finish doing super steer swap to my 882!
Shift.gif
\ More time inside,it's raining again after about 8/10 ths " rain earlier in the week along with a covering of snow yesterday a.m. Do you have that white covering up north yet? I do have ride to Rockford PD ,but weather?
thumbdown.gif

Dang if this isn't the FIRST time I've ever heard of a Cub Cadet going to fast !
Shift.gif

KENtucky, ask Art about his ride on Keith Ehricke's Cub back in 2003....

Thanks guys for the tip.I tightened the control lever and it made it about 90 percent better. Tommorow I will do the Neutral adjustment to be sure. It was my wife that it took off on the first time-NOT GOOD-. I think it was me laughing that made matters worse. When I got on it was kind of fun but not alot of grass getting cut.Oh well I guess it,s back to acting my age. Thanks again guys.

Back