• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1650 hydraulics just stopped

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Marscher

Hi All - Was mowing along the driveway when the tractor just stopped moving. Engine running great but no hydraulics (forward, reverse or deck lift). Took off cover and driveshaft still turning into the pump. Plenty of hydraulic fluid, no leaks. Any suggestions what it could be or parts required would be greatly appreciated.

Hi All - Was mowing along the driveway when the tractor just stopped moving. Engine running great but no hydraulics (forward, reverse or deck lift). Took off cover and driveshaft still turning into the pump. Plenty of hydraulic fluid, no leaks. Any suggestions what it could be or parts required would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure that the pump shaft is turning and not just the shaft. Next would be a linkage failure.

Driveshaft turning Yes
But is the input shaft to the pump turning??
That is the question.
Can you see the pins in the couplings?
You should be able to if they are present.
A sheared or missing pin may allow the coupling to slide rearward against the pump and not allow you to actually see if the pump is turning or not.
Look to see if the splined shaft on the other end of the pump is turning.
If not, then look for a sheared pin in the coupling assemblies.
Using a screwdriver. try to move/pry the rear coupling forward if it is against the pump.

Driveshaft turning Yes
But is the input shaft to the pump turning??
That is the question.
Can you see the pins in the couplings?
You should be able to if they are present.
A sheared or missing pin may allow the coupling to slide rearward against the pump and not allow you to actually see if the pump is turning or not.
Look to see if the splined shaft on the other end of the pump is turning.
If not, then look for a sheared pin in the coupling assemblies.
Using a screwdriver. try to move/pry the rear coupling forward if it is against the pump.

You were 1000%correct. I saw the output shaft on the back turning and assumed all was good. Had a good bit of crud on the flex coupling and didn't look very hard after seeing the output shaft turning. Upon further inspection the pin was indeed gone but the coupling had just enough friction to turn the shaft but not really enough for pump operation. Installed a new pin and all is back to working. Thank you very much for the quick the thorough reply. I was thinking I would be getting into the pump.

You were 1000%correct. I saw the output shaft on the back turning and assumed all was good. Had a good bit of crud on the flex coupling and didn't look very hard after seeing the output shaft turning. Upon further inspection the pin was indeed gone but the coupling had just enough friction to turn the shaft but not really enough for pump operation. Installed a new pin and all is back to working. Thank you very much for the quick the thorough reply. I was thinking I would be getting into the pump.
Got so excited that my baby is running again that I forgot to thank you profusely for your reply. I assumed the pin was there cause the shaft was spinning on both ends. Took your reply to make me look closer and for that I am indebted to you

Latest posts

Back