• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1650 has me stumped! Stumbling issue

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hkolding

displayname
hal kolding
I'm new to the forum, but a long-time IH owner...Farmall Cubs. I was recently given a Cub Cadet 1650 that was sitting for a few years. I changed the fluids and filter, replaced a missing fuse holder, cleaned the carb, and she starts like a champ and runs good, idles nicely. The problem? (I did search prior to posting, but didn't find anything like this problem).

When I climb a hill or cut thicker grass, the motor will start stumbling badly, it bucks like crazy. Even if I stop driving and turn off the mower deck, it continues to stumble. If I throttle down to idle, it idles fine. If I apply full throttle again, it will speed up smoothly (Until I apply a load, and then it stumbles again). The spark is nice and blue and snappy, the plug is a nice color.

What am I missing? Other than that, I really like the tractor. Thanks in advance for any tips. Hal in CT.

Hal - Please place this on the Main Forum page ... not out here in the boondocks.
This isn't for Garden Tractors which is what the 1650 is
thumbsup.gif

It sounds like governor or points need gaped or replaced.

Thanks for the tips. I thought this was the right spot (IH Cub Cadet Forum * IH Cadet lawn tractors * 1650 has me stumped! Stumbling issue). I tried to post in the forum at the top of the list but it said it was locked. I'll get the hang of the forum soon enough.......I think I'll be here often while I get the Cub back in working order! Regards. Hal

Latest posts

Back