• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

1641 Cub Cadet info

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shoff

displayname
Shawn Hoff
Hi All. I just inherited a 1641 Cub Cadet from my late grandfather. I know virtually nothing about this machine, have no manuals yet, etc. I was wondering how any front mount implements lift because I see no provisions for a lift rod attachment. Also, was a Cat-0 3-point hitch available for this tractor? Any info anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

SHAWN,

I JUST TRADED MY 1641. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE INDICATOR ON THE RIGHT SIDE TO A DIFFERENT PIECE SO YOU CAN ATTACH THE LIFT ROD FOR FONT ATTACHMENTS LIKE A BLADE OR A BLOWER.

Thanks Michael. I wondered if maybe something could be done there since that is where the lift rod attaches on my 1450. Does anyone know if the attachments will interchange with a wide frame Cub Cadet such as a 1450? I know the belt width is different for things such as a blower, but am not sure about the quick-attach.

Shawn,

I didn't have it that long. The one I had was one of those deals that was to good to be true. I bought it from an elderly gentleman who sold his property in eastern Pa. to move to a trailer park in California to be near his children. The tractor only had 50 hours on it most of that was riding around the trailer park. It had more miles riding in the back of a truck than it did cutting grass or doing tractor things!

Not to long after I got it home, I found a 2284 with only 450 hours on it and it was in mint condition. I asked the dealer if he would take my 1641 in trade and he said yes after he saw the pictures and found out about the hours and previous history. To make a long story short, I got the 2284 for my tractor and a couple of Ben Franklin portrates done in green and black ink. The dealer sold the 1641 before it hit his yard!

As for attachments, I have the Attachment Catalog in my office. I you want, send me an e-mail with you address and I will send you a Photocopy version of it. Owner's Manuals are available from Cub Cadet as are the Parts manuals. If you go to WWW.CUBCADET.COM you will be able to find a local dealer by just entering your zip code, just stay away from any that are Lowes or Chain stores.

Latest posts

Back